Ahhhhh.... Surgery Friday, and I have to spend the night...... Ugh

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chickenzoo, Jan 2, 2012.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Ive never had to stay the night in a hospital before..... Was hoping it would be in and out in one day..... No such luck. [​IMG]
    Having my thyroid removed, so nothing really major, but not looking forward to staying there. Can't they just stick a band aid over it and send me home.....[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] Sourland hates hospitals too. [​IMG] I don't think the band aid idea is a good one.

3. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    Sorry you're having to deal with that. Bring your laptop or something to do while you're in the hospital - it'll keep your mind off the surgery and make the time pass more quickly.

4. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Yup, bring your laptop. Most if not all hospitals have wi-fi.
    I know how you feel. I work in a hospital and don't even like them.
    I'm pretty sure they'll let you out saturday, try to keep focused on what you will do on saturday (or not do).

I'll be thinking of you, Jen. I'm sure all will go well

Karen

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Yep bring your laptop!

[​IMG] I hate hospitals! But I love the nurses and doctors. Food is OK but salads are gooooooood!

6. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

I hope it all goes smoothly for you and you can get out of there quickly!

7. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Ugghh, I hate hospitals. Not to mention the food sux...

8. spacecowgirl

spacecowgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    I know this is kind of weird, but I've sort of enjoyed my overnight hospital stays (as long as it's nothing life threatening or scary, of course! Knock on wood )...

I mean, think about it; all you have to do is lay in bed, watch TV, read, sleep, have people bring you breakfast/ lunch/ dinner in bed, no responsibilities, no obligations.....aaaaaaaaaahhhhh...

Try to enjoy it if at all possible!! Hope your surgery goes well and here's to a happy, speedy recovery! [​IMG]

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Quote:Probably telling us to get well fast so we don't have to eat their food anymore!

10. goobhen

goobhen Chicks Rule

Dec 6, 2008
    Indiana
    My seven year old grandson had to stay overnight in the hospital, I went to visit him. He was laying on his back, head resting on his arms, looked up at me and said "Hi Mamom, I just love the room-service here". He thought it was great! I just want to say to you "Enjoy the room-service"! Take care and God bless you and your doctors, nurses, etc.
    Theresa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by