AI Chicks!

Just out of interest, why did you need to/choose to use AI?

And yes I did open this thread thinking someone had invented some sort of Artifical Intelligence robot chicken!
Well, we are most likely going to sell our EE cockerel soon, but I wanted chicks out of him and my Production Red. When I tried to put them together, the PR Wouldn’t let the cockerel anywhere near her (she’s on the top of the pecking order and one of the oldest hen’s I got). Somebody suggested AI, and I thought it sounded cool.

The first hatched!
8726B0C6-052B-4CE5-B206-7F7BD960AAC9.jpeg
1BD01991-7677-497D-A15C-8E53596D733F.jpeg

It seems to have a bit of black/blue? over red, which may indicate the EE is the father. Also possibly indicating the AI worked!

Here she is all fluffed up!View attachment 2384684View attachment 2384685
She kinda has some turned in toes, if anybody knows how to fix that

When you say turned in toes, have they straightened out this morning? Sometimes right after hatch their toes can be wonky and they work it out while walking around. Sometimes it only take a couple hours, other times over night. If they're still wonky this morning you can make little shoes for here with band-aids or vet wrap. I would also recommend a multivitamin like poultry cell by rooster booster or polyvisol without iron which is an infant liquid vitamin. Just let me know how she's looking this morning and I'll post some pictures of shoes if needed.

When you say turned in toes, have they straightened out this morning? Sometimes right after hatch their toes can be wonky and they work it out while walking around. Sometimes it only take a couple hours, other times over night. If they're still wonky this morning you can make little shoes for here with band-aids or vet wrap. I would also recommend a multivitamin like poultry cell by rooster booster or polyvisol without iron which is an infant liquid vitamin. Just let me know how she's looking this morning and I'll post some pictures of shoes if needed.
Her feet look pretty fine this morning. She’s walking around with no problem.

Back
Top Bottom