air cell incubating eggs are a little small for 9 days.

Hey Cali... You got anything cookin?
No....
hit.gif
School year started and I teach so unfortunately I don't have the time...so sad. My bantam cochin girl has been broody on the nest for 2 weeks now too. Almost got her some eggs, but I couldn't find any local that I was looking for and didn't want to do shipped right now. It is soooo hot for eggs to be going through the mail
roll.png
So I am just enjoying everyone elses hatch for now...sigh! I want to find some bantam cochin eggs for her next time I give her eggs to hatch
smile.png
How about you?

1 has hatched and what are their feet supposed to look like? They kinda look curved.

No....
hit.gif
School year started and I teach so unfortunately I don't have the time...so sad. My bantam cochin girl has been broody on the nest for 2 weeks now too. Almost got her some eggs, but I couldn't find any local that I was looking for and didn't want to do shipped right now. It is soooo hot for eggs to be going through the mail
roll.png
So I am just enjoying everyone elses hatch for now...sigh! I want to find some bantam cochin eggs for her next time I give her eggs to hatch
smile.png
How about you?

Oh shoot... I know I have tried to get eggs locally and its actually pretty hard, people have roosters but they just don't sell their eggs ...weird.. maybe why I do pretty good posting ads on CL, I sell hatching eggs in the spring and summer like crazy

Yes, I have eggs in the bator right now, day 15... Got some cooking for a customer who wanted a mess of EE's, this is her second go around, she brought her mom to pick up the last batch and her mother ended up wanting half lol, so she had me reset and didn't tell her mom.. threw ( or gently placed) some buff eggs in for me.. went to Wilco to return something and they know me pretty well, had me come to the back and asked if I would take 16 of their butt paste chicks for free... of course since I already had the brooder set up I did :) got some RIR's, Wyndottes (sp), Sussex's and Australorps

Figured at the very least I'll raise them and sell them if I don't want them..

Got a hen that decided to go broody so I';m slipping eggs under her tonight... Thinking I'll just give her 5 or 6 or 12... not sure yet
big_smile.png

I think her feet are fine but the umbilical cord is still attached so she is dragging the egg around and screaming.

I think her feet are fine but the umbilical cord is still attached so she is dragging the egg around and screaming.

Sometimes it takes a few hours for everything to look right... I had some hatch I was sure had feet and leg problems that were just fine... They have been curled up for awhile and sometimes it takes them a bit to stretch out..

As for the cord and egg, that's normal too, it may take a bit for her to dislodge it...

As long as she isn't bleeding she should be fine.

No bleeding and shes kicking the other eggs around like soccer balls will they be ok.

Oh shoot... I know I have tried to get eggs locally and its actually pretty hard, people have roosters but they just don't sell their eggs ...weird.. maybe why I do pretty good posting ads on CL, I sell hatching eggs in the spring and summer like crazy

Yes, I have eggs in the bator right now, day 15... Got some cooking for a customer who wanted a mess of EE's, this is her second go around, she brought her mom to pick up the last batch and her mother ended up wanting half lol, so she had me reset and didn't tell her mom.. threw ( or gently placed) some buff eggs in for me.. went to Wilco to return something and they know me pretty well, had me come to the back and asked if I would take 16 of their butt paste chicks for free... of course since I already had the brooder set up I did :) got some RIR's, Wyndottes (sp), Sussex's and Australorps

Figured at the very least I'll raise them and sell them if I don't want them..

Got a hen that decided to go broody so I';m slipping eggs under her tonight... Thinking I'll just give her 5 or 6 or 12... not sure yet
big_smile.png
Yes, Here in southern CA is the same thing or maybe I just haven't found them yet....LOL! And this year I was looking in the summer so I think people were done selling eggs maybe? Also, I like the bantams so maybe that makes it a little harder as well
idunno.gif

I would LOVE to find people that wanted me to incubate and hatch chicks for them...my dream
big_smile.png

I think you should give her 12...LOL
big_smile.png

Yes, Here in southern CA is the same thing or maybe I just haven't found them yet....LOL! And this year I was looking in the summer so I think people were done selling eggs maybe? Also, I like the bantams so maybe that makes it a little harder as well
idunno.gif

I would LOVE to find people that wanted me to incubate and hatch chicks for them...my dream
big_smile.png

I think you should give her 12...LOL
big_smile.png

LOl, I would love to but sadly I only have 6... Had a lady come out and bought 3 of my young roosters and wanted to know what I charge for eating eggs, I just shot a number of the top of my head, 5 bucks a dozen.. LOL she bought all I had ! Says she wants to be a regular customer, shoot Ive been selling to friends and family for 2.50 a dozen... heck yes, she can be a regular customer!

Back
Top Bottom