air cell incubating eggs are a little small for 9 days.

LOl, I would love to but sadly I only have 6... Had a lady come out and bought 3 of my young roosters and wanted to know what I charge for eating eggs, I just shot a number of the top of my head, 5 bucks a dozen.. LOL she bought all I had ! Says she wants to be a regular customer, shoot Ive been selling to friends and family for 2.50 a dozen... heck yes, she can be a regular customer!
WOW...ya!!!! That's great! I have a hard time getting rid of roosters here
hmm.png
which always makes me a bit hesitant to incubate because I am not zoned for roosters where I live
sad.png
so then I am stressed with the roo's trying to figure out what to do with them!

Now all of them have pipped and they have been that way for hours. The one that has hatched is freaking out because no ones around. Does it usually take this long for them to hatch?

They are external
Don't worry...your good, just keep watching and keep the bator closed. It can take 24-36 hrs for them to make it out of the egg. Once they pip externally they usually rest, finish absorbing the yolk if needed before they complete the hatch. And yes, your hatched baby will peep like crazy until it gets some company. If you move it to your brooder, you can put a small stuffed animal in there for company until some friends hatch
smile.png

So now theres two hatched going on three and one of the ameraucana eggs has made no progress since yesterday morning but is still very much alive.

Five have hatched one needed assisting but is fine now. There were two eggs that hadn't hatched yet. One was definitely dead proven by an eggtopsy. The other one was making sound yesterday but i think it might be dead. I would post pics if i knew how.

Back
Top Bottom