Air cell reaaaaaaaally small

eXistenZ

Hatching
6 Years
Jun 26, 2013
Hello people

My last 2 goose eggs are supposed to hatch in about a week, and they seem to be doing well except for the really small air cell in the eggs.
I believe that this is because 3 other groups have been hatched in the same incubator, therefore the humidity has been higher than it should be and for a longer period.
I raised the humidity to 70-75% in 3 days or so, each time the batches started to hatch.
I am a little worried, is there anything I could do?

Hello people

My last 2 goose eggs are supposed to hatch in about a week, and they seem to be doing well except for the really small air cell in the eggs.
I believe that this is because 3 other groups have been hatched in the same incubator, therefore the humidity has been higher than it should be and for a longer period.
I raised the humidity to 70-75% in 3 days or so, each time the batches started to hatch.
I am a little worried, is there anything I could do?

welcome-byc.gif
wish I could give you some advise but since I don't use a bator for hatching all I can do is refer you to this link.. and hope someone else will be along shortly to help https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/491013/goose-incubation-hatching-guide-completed.

Are you cooling your eggs off daily? Towards the end of incubation in the last week you leave them cool for 20 minutes. If the eggs has not lost enough moisture then try cooling them a 2nd time for 10 minutes. See if that helps get the moisture down and the air sack a lot larger.

No I dont cool the eggs, I did earlier but I thought it really didnt help much - if any. But I could be wrong.
I will start to cool these 2 right away though.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom