Air cells on wrong end of fertile eggs!

Hey guys! Got an update for you :D, finally a chick has pipped and later today should fully hatch, will be sending pictures :), can't wait to see the little one, I hope and pray all goes well.
This is by far one of the happiest days of my life, I've never felt such joy, this feeling is one of a kind and at the same time I'm so nervous and scared and my heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest haha :D

And I just want to thank you all for helping me get this far! :)

I can hear it chirping! With intervals and the pip crack is slightly bigger after 8 hours of first pip.

Could someone tell me if bantams are supposed to hatch quicker than standard sizes? And what's the hatching period after the first pip?

It's now been 9 hours and 20 mins since the first pip. When do you guys think it will zip and hatch?

Patience, grasshopper. Up to 24 hours, don't assist before then unless they are going into distress (and honestly, even then it is a matter of personal opinion as to whether that's the correct choice) :old

Patience, grasshopper. Up to 24 hours, don't assist before then unless they are going into distress (and honestly, even then it is a matter of personal opinion as to whether that's the correct choice) :old

I don't plan to assist because I've heard and read terrible things about it. I just want to know the normal time period of a bantam egg from pip to zip and hatch, so that if it's beyond that point, I can start worrying haha.

Not to say I'm not worrying and anxiously sitting by the incubator staring at my eggs :D

I don't plan to assist because I've heard and read terrible things about it. I just want to know the normal time period of a bantam egg from pip to zip and hatch, so that if it's beyond that point, I can start worrying haha.

Not to say I'm not worrying and anxiously sitting by the incubator staring at my eggs :D

My quail eggs have frequently taken 24-30 hours after pip so I wouldn't stress. I don't think there's much of a correlation with size and hatching times :)

Good luck! I'm so excited for you! :wee

My quail eggs have frequently taken 24-30 hours after pip so I wouldn't stress. I don't think there's much of a correlation with size and hatching times :)

Good luck! I'm so excited for you! :wee

That's a relief to hear haha :D thank you! Me and my sister have been so excited since it pipped we've barely taken our eyes off the incubator! Fingers crossed all goes well :)

It's started to zip! :D I don't think I'll be sleeping at all tonight, it's 1 am here. By the looks of it it's going to take all night and probably be done by sunrise.
It's taking a lot of breaks in between pips.

Can't wait to see the baby! And also the colour. Mum's a Blue Cochin bantam and Dad is either a splash of blue and white or its the black one. Wonder who the Dad is! :D

BTW, quick question, my black rooster Mars, he has thin silverish feathers on his neck only, so does that make him a splash too? He isn't mottled though, because it's just on his neck.

It hatched! Just 10 mins ago. But it's bleeding from the navel, I didn't assist it and it's moving about, is it serious? Do I need to do something?

JPEG_20190217_015749_7730229917758878215.jpg

Back
Top Bottom