Air cells on wrong end of fertile eggs!

When the air cell is on the wrong end of the egg, the chick might not be able to internally pip as the air cell is probably in a very awkward spot. If it survives, an assisted hatch may be the only way to save it.

That's what I'm afraid of, because so far I've read that assisting them only does more harm than good. Any ideas on how to position them for now?

That's a great tip, Thank you! I'll be sure to do that for the next eggs. How long do you let them sit?

I sit them in the egg carton like that as I bring the egg's in daily. I collect my egg's from Sunday to Saturday, then on Saturday evening they are ready to either go into the incubator, or to be washed and put in the fridge for eating. If I'm not doing a hatch at that time, the hatching egg's are available as long as I am asked before Saturday for them.

You said your on day 7... the solution is simple..turn the eggs over and hope for the best.. in the nest the chicken does not really care which end the sac is on...

Good luck

Thank you.
So far I've had them on their sides, slightly elevated from the larger end. Should I keep them this way but as you said with the smaller end up or just simply keep them vertical?

I sit them in the egg carton like that as I bring the egg's in daily. I collect my egg's from Sunday to Saturday, then on Saturday evening they are ready to either go into the incubator, or to be washed and put in the fridge for eating. If I'm not doing a hatch at that time, the hatching egg's are available as long as I am asked before Saturday for them.

Noted :), thank you! Hopefully my next hatch will have the air cells on the right side.

Hi, and congrats on your first incubation! Can you post a pic next time you candle? Keeping them on their side with the air sac end slightly elevated is best, to my knowledge, for now. Really looking forward to seeing pics of your little ones!

Hi, and congrats on your first incubation! Can you post a pic next time you candle? Keeping them on their side with the air sac end slightly elevated is best, to my knowledge, for now. Really looking forward to seeing pics of your little ones!

Helloo and thank you :)
Unfortunately it's stopped moving, I don't think it made it. But I will be sure to post pictures of the rest if and when they do hatch.
Fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom