AIR SPACE ON BOTH ENDS? Incubation Question..

Candle when you set the eggs to see where the air sac is.

Candle at day 7 to see if anything is growing.

Candle at day 18 to remove anything that is obviously not growing.

Then Close up the bator and don't open till day 22 no matter how hard it is.

Opening this thread back up.... I'm getting ready to go into lockdown and I have some eggs that look like the one above with the obvious air sac and then some space at the opposite end as well... Are these quitters? Some have veining that I can tell. Barnyard mix light brown eggs and some isbar (mossy green-ish) eggs.

Opening this thread back up.... I'm getting ready to go into lockdown and I have some eggs that look like the one above with the obvious air sac and then some space at the opposite end as well... Are these quitters? Some have veining that I can tell. Barnyard mix light brown eggs and some isbar (mossy green-ish) eggs.

Are you candling down into the egg from the fat (air cell end) or are you candling up from the bottom? When you candle the eggs from the bottom, it highlights any albumen and empty space in the egg. That picture is a normal egg. Air cell on top, shadowing of yolk in middle and clear albumen at bottom. By lockdown most all the egg from air cell down should be dark with no light passing through. If I was seeing much lightness at the bottom I would be worrying that either my temps are low and development is behind or that my humidity is high and the egg hasn't lost enough moisture or both.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom