Alabama and Georgia Chicken shows coming up. ( UPDATE)

jimnjay

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Bryant Alabama
In case anyone in the Alabama/Georgia area are interested in attending a chicken show, there will be a few shows in February and March.

Feb 6 & 7 in Calhoun GA, GA 53 Spur Highway. Friday show begins at 6:30 pm and Saturday at 9am

Feb 21 Chattahoochee Valley, Coweta Co Fairgrounds Newnan GA

Feb 14, Tuscaloosa AL West Al FARIGROUNDS This show has been cancelled

There will also be a show in Dalton GA on March 14 at the fairgrounds.

Last edited:
Might want to change the spelling to Newnan
smile.png
I make typos all the time myself, lol

That really is to bad Cyn. Calhoun only has one a year as far as I know and they do have large fowl. I was originally planning to go to Calhoun but I may take the longer trip to Tuscaloosa. There will be more Silkies there I would think. Steve Wheat is the coordinator and is an officer in the ABA. I know he has nice Silkies. Many of the shows I have been to in the area don't have a very good representation of many bantam breeds though the last few have been better than the first few I attended.

Sporttees, There is nothing much to do except see what show quality chickens are all about. If someone is interested in a particular breed, you can see what the conformation should be. If you would like to see a breed you have never seen before it is an excellent place to see all sorts of chickens breeds. People are very friendly and more than willing to let you know about their breeds. You can also buy birds there and it is a good place to get birds that are more likely to be a better representative of a particular breed than a hatchery bird. It is a good place to get grown birds and often chicks where you don't have to order 25 in a lot.

We may ride up to the one in Calhoun. I plan to show a few in Newnan, much closer to home.

Not sure about Tuscaloosa.

Newnan is an All Breed Bantam, Large Fowl, Waterfowl, Turkey and Guinea show. It sounds like it will be fun to go to.

I will have to see exactly where Newnan is.

I'm considering the Tuscaloosa show. Jaynie, do you have more details as far as if Bantams and Standards are to be shown? Have you been to that one before? I hope Steve has his rosecombs there, I've become interested in the breed and I am expecting Msbear's rosecomb eggs soon. Perhaps his rosecombs would make a good line to add to hers!

My bater was shipped today....I'll be wanting to hatch everything from golfballs to the eggs from Piggly-Wiggly!! Poor hubby....everytime I need a new pen I start dragging out his tools and you should see the look on his face, he gets everything from me and tells me that he will do it. Sometimes I do it just to get a laugh.

Claudia

Back
Top Bottom