ALABAMA!!

Matt1616, thanks for correcting me. Obviously I had old information.
idunno.gif

Matt and Bama1, thank you for the info. I, like my friend Stumpy, remember BYCers talking about the bands and crafts and good food, but lack of real chickens. As a matter of fact, I remember a representative of the event asking us to come but saying there would only be a few people bringing chickens to swap or sell. I had considered going, but decided against it once she said that.

In light of this new info, maybe we should change our gathering to the fall. Matt, sin e you are into showing, would you consider keeping us abreast of the poultry show dates so that we will not plan a swap on a bad weekend? What do the rest of you think of a fall event?

So, who's going to plan the BYC meeting in Moulton!?!

Well in light of the new information, I think we will again plan on going to the festival in Moulton. I wonder if the festival people would let us have a sign-in booth for BYC people?

I'm going to kidnap Stumpy and maybe Kowgurl62 and maybe even plan an overnight girls only trip! I think a breakfast meet-up or late supper would be fun. I suppose most will drive in for the day on Saturday, so would a 9:00am meet up work for most?

I know we will be staying in a hotel at least one night........ It would be an insane drive and I do NOT wake up at 3:00 am for anything!!! That is, IF I can find a sitter for the dog and someone to watch the farm for a day or two...............

Not a problem Stumpy...before this last year you would have been correct but the nice ladies that put on the Festival are making a solid effort to meet the desires that have been voiced by the public to have more real chickens there. I expect the show portion of the Fest to continue to grow but I realize that everyone is not into that but it does give everyone an opportunity to see some beautiful show quality chickens. It also brings in people with quality birds for sale so that is good. At most shows that I attend in the Southeast there is a BYC table set up and people from the site visit there so it would be good for you guys to do that. They usually have a banner with the BYC logo, I don't know where they get it from but they always have one.
For you guys in the southern part of Alabama there is a real nice Poultry Show in Pensacola, Florida on March 16th. There will also be a pretty good size chicken swap held at this show in March so there should be lots of chickens for sale there.

Back
Top Bottom