ALABAMA!!

I have 8 Silkies to give away ( yes they are FREE ) 5 white 4 blue , you pickup at my house is Jasper. They are 3weeks old. I do not know their sex.
Now do not text or reply to this you can call me at 205-412-0695 my name is Danny once I have given them away I will post that.
Thanks

Drooling!!!! Really want some silkies! This forum isn't a good place for chicken addicts. LOL!!

Welcome, from across the bay! 6 miles from Fairhope pier, Baldwin County. 30 minutes from Mobile, via 181 Malbis and interstate.
Sounds like you have a flock of Rock Stars!! Congrats. Stick around, and you will most likely find answers to all your questions.
1. What part of Mobile, to give you an idea of feed stores, supplies, etc.
2. How old are your birds? Re: prevent maintenance and medication protocols.
I'll be visiting with my Mom in Mobile tomorrow, Wednesday. I'll check back with you in the pm to see what you've heard from others.
Glad you are here, talk to you soon!
I am currently in the Hwy 90/ Knollwood area, but the wife has been pestering me to move out into the county. We usually drive out to the Tractor supply in Theodore for feed and such but I typically prefer to make the drive to St.Elmo's Seed and Feed when I have the time. (Got to support the local businesses!) My Buff orp 2 RIR are about 2 yrs, the Barred Rocks about a year and the chicks are varying between 3 months and 3 weeks.

justdeb1107, Hi from west Alabama. Nice website.
frow.gif

Thank you!

I have 8 Silkies to give away ( yes they are FREE ) 5 white 4 blue , you pickup at my house is Jasper. They are 3weeks old. I do not know their sex.
Now do not text or reply to this you can call me at 205-412-0695 my name is Danny once I have given them away I will post that.
Thanks

If they aren't already gone I would put them on Craigslist.org. They would be gone in 5 minutes.

If anyone has Silkies in the future I'd love to buy a couple.

We are in Tillman's Corner and have six beautiful - and extremely productive - red sex link hens in a custom-built chicken tractor. Over the winter they turned my back yard into a scratched-up checkerboard made up of eight-foot squares. Once spring hit, though, I discovered the true joy of scratched-in chicken poo. My yard has never been so green!

Originally Posted by chirpingcricket

Hey Chicka, If any way possible, you head this way, I'll be glad to meet you on the coast lady. If any one of our girls meet your fancy, I'll donate one on behalf of EE lovers!

As a nurse and keeper of my original flock for 2 1/2 years +, they will be healthy or they won't leave. This is a first with me for Cocci. From what I've been told around here at feed stores, etc. A lot of folks are dealing with this due to the weather.
From what I've learned re: hatching, make the Easter hatch your biggee. . .by Mother's Day, at least along the coast, the weather rules! Take care!

I appreciate your offer chirpingcricket! Thank you!

Good grief with the cocci! I am so sorry you are having to deal with that!
I know I am talking about EE's alot but I am planning on my turkey's making me my extra money here. I had 10 to start off with but have lost a few. But I am still hoping that my Narri's and Slate Blues and Blacks will make it worth my while.

I am raising a few BA for eggs and meat, and a few JG for meat. and I will have some EE's for eggs.

If I get down that way I will holler at you! I do appreciate your offer very much!

My DH and I got the rest of our stuff delivered Mon to finish our coop! If if does not rain this weekend we are going to get the roof on and start putting in posts. We have 200' of wire for our runs! So hopefully we can get alot done! We are going to try to get as many of our 30 fence post's in as we can. We are using quick crete on each post to keep critters out and framing the bottom of the wire to the ground in every pen to keep everything out!

I do not understand how so many ppl can just add another chicken coop in a few days and keep adding more birds like crazy! I will not be one of them! lol When our coop is done that is it! And I don't even want enough chickens to fill it up. I do however want enough turkeys to see them running all over out there! I do love me some turkeys!
Sounds like you have a well rounded flock.
I hear you about building pens, no fun. Turkeys. . .yuuummm!
droolin.gif

Yep. That's exactly what I need. The one that I have is a RIR. I got her the Saturday before Easter and she has laid EVERY day since. My 11 year old son had adopted the job of getting the egg every day. Last weekend, he went out to the next box after school and no egg. He was devastated. I explained that chickens don't lay every day, they need a break too. Well, next day, same thing, no egg. I got suspicious later that night and said, "Come on Luke, lets go get a flashlight and investigate." We did. I had just put a new layer of hay on the floor of their coop they only go in at night. Well, she just decided she liked that privacy better. She had made her next in there in the corner. There sat two eggs. It is a large coop and I only have her and one roo, so there was plenty of clean space. Luke was tickled to death! He has told everyone we have seen about it! Love watching my kids enjoy nature.
Awwww, how cool!

Hi! We are native Georgians, who have just bought our second home in Fruithurst AL. After we get our place set up and established we will be looking for birds to put out there. We want some guineas for sure. And a Rooster or 2 we can't have them where we live in GA. I am very partial to EEs, as they are so sweet and friendly.

I am currently in the Hwy 90/ Knollwood area, but the wife has been pestering me to move out into the county. We usually drive out to the Tractor supply in Theodore for feed and such but I typically prefer to make the drive to St.Elmo's Seed and Feed when I have the time. (Got to support the local businesses!) My Buff orp 2 RIR are about 2 yrs, the Barred Rocks about a year and the chicks are varying between 3 months and 3 weeks.
I was wondering if you knew about the St. Elmo/Irvington feed store. My Mom lives at Demetropolis/Skyline area on 90. Glad to know ya'll are nearby. Good luck on your birds and enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom