ALABAMA!!

Quote:Hi, I might be interested I'm your 2 pullets. I'm gonna try and finish my run this week if they are not sold by the end of this week let me know
smile.png

Chicks are Still available !

Don't feed raw potato peels or citrus fruits. That's all I can think of right now.......I'm really tired.

no Avocados peel
no dry beans
no chocolate
Limit human junk food

The quick and easy: if it's not good for you, it's not good for your chickens.

Potato peels can be microwaved for a bit, and then you can feed them (it would be like you eating some peel-on fries or baked potatoes).

The citrus causes thin shells, so while it's not neccesarily bad for them, it is bad for your eggs.. I'm certain my birds have snagged an orange peel off the compost pile before..

Dry beans are toxic to people as well, cooked beans are fine.

Avocado peel sounds not very edible in the first place
lol.png

And chocolate.. well... why would you want to share that with your birds
wink.png
One chocolate chip cookie is NOT going to kill your flock of chickens, but again, why would you want to do that? Let them have the stuff you don't WANT to eat.. like meal worms. Keep the cookies
lol.png

I want to add to the list: large amounts of onion. But you wouldn't eat a ton of raw onion either. A little is good for them, it makes the intestines a bit more unpleasant of a place for parasites to live. Same for garlic, chili peppers (red pepper flakes) etc. It doesn't replace deworming if they're already infested... but it can help prevent. Mine get all the ribs and seeds when I make jalapeno poppers.

Biga im on my 9th batch now. 5 of which have been full mash. I want to do a sam adams all grain clone but blast it with about 1 oz of citra hops in secondary. Ive yet to try a lager. Sounds like u have it figured out tho.

there's nothing hard about doing a lager, you just have to have a temp controlled fermenting device. i built one out of an old stand up freezer and a PID unit. if you pitch lager yeast and ferment it at room temps you'll get some nasty results.

Back
Top Bottom