ALABAMA!!

We received a note from our local extension office today saying that there is now a "No Movement" for the whole state. "No poultry can move in or out of the state or move from one location to another within the state." As well, it says that all flea markets, auctions, swaps, and shows with poultry are cancelled. It also said that the three locations under investigation in North Alabama are confirmed.

The north west Alabama chick chain project was cancelled because of the bird flu and only five or six hatcheries are allowed to ship birds to Alabama

The two sites in Alabama one was a trade day operation the other just a mom and pop operation.

Our county co-op, St Clair, has a post on FB about the ban and chicks available, Today.

For all of you that are Irish today

This Avian influenza outbreak has me stressed out. This is the 1st time of year i like to start chicks. Then again in August. I afraid to buy any. In fact i am afraid to buy any other kind of animals pigs or goats. Am i stressing too much?

Last edited:
This Avian influenza outbreak has me stressed out. This is the 1st time of year i like to start chicks. Then again in August. I afraid to buy any. In fact i am afraid to buy any other kind of animals pigs or goats. Am i stressing too much?
I dont think chicks are the problem. The problem is infected waterfowl that spread AI and dont die from it immediately. Chicks would die pretty quickly if they had it. Like within hours.

I am so stressed out that I am scared to go to the feed store and not disinfect my car before I come home. This is entirely stressful on a constant basis.

Back
Top Bottom