ALABAMA!!

Hi. I'm new to BYC but have already found some useful info. I live in Ford City, just outside Muscle Shoals. I have Silkies, Ameracunas, and Brahamas. So far I have no favorites. I love them all. All mine will be kept for fun or eggs. I could never kill one of them. Oh I am an Auburn fan. War Eagle! :love

I used to live in Jemison but we moved to Charlotte. My cousin lives in Fairhope.
I just start out with a couple inches to cover the floor and go from there. I used to use the bagged pine shavings from TSC, but that was getting expensive. A friend suggested pine straw, so I changed to that and it's done fine. I rake it up when it's dry and stuff it down in those thick contractor grade clean up plastic bags. I punch holes in the bags for ventilation and to further dry out the pine straw. I just keep a few bags stored all the time.

Is that the pine needles that fall off the tree? I have plenty of those. Are they safe? Someone said they would draw in ticks and spiders.

Is that the pine needles that fall off the tree? I have plenty of those. Are they safe? Someone said they would draw in ticks and spiders.

I sure don't climb up there and pick it. :) I guess anything you bring in from the outdoors could have something in it, but I don't tend to worry about things like that.

Back
Top Bottom