ALABAMA!!

lucky123, I wish you (or I) lived closer. I have two barred rock roosters that really need homes! I live near Auburn, which is about 3 hours from Cullman. I'm sorry! If you decide to take a road trip let me know!

Lucky123, I live in Cullman but no barred rock rooster , sorry. Just out of curiousity would by chance know ANYONE around here with silkie pullets or Buff Orpington pullets?

Try Claudia Gore allaboutdemchicks she lives in Shelby County....she has Delawares, Silkies, Orphingtons...that is all I can remember off the top of my head.

Quote:
lucky123,
You can go see harold at the noah's ark exotic animal auction in hanceville, not far from you, every third sat of the month. Every third month is a two day sale whereas the caged birds/animals/hatching eggs are auctioned off on friday night starting at 6:00pm. The regular sales, all caged animals and hoofstock on the same day, start at 10:00 am, are sat. only. March will be a two day sale. Maybe I'll see you there friday night, march 19th. I like to go just to see what all comes through. There is a lot of "chicken trader" birds there but also you can find treasures among the trash. PM me if you think you will make it and i'll try and find you.
Jared

Quote:
lucky123,
You can go see harold at the noah's ark exotic animal auction in hanceville, not far from you, every third sat of the month. Every third month is a two day sale whereas the caged birds/animals/hatching eggs are auctioned off on friday night starting at 6:00pm. The regular sales, all caged animals and hoofstock on the same day, start at 10:00 am, are sat. only. March will be a two day sale. Maybe I'll see you there friday night, march 19th. I like to go just to see what all comes through. There is a lot of "chicken trader" birds there but also you can find treasures among the trash. PM me if you think you will make it and i'll try and find you.
Jared

I went and they wanted $12 for me, my husband and my 2 toddlers to go in.
We turned around and left.

Quote:
lucky123,
Jared

There is a $5 adult admission. Every exotic auction i have ever been to charges admission. I guess it depends on just how bad you want to go. I, personally do not have a problem with paying $5 to get in especially during the spring when everything is wound up. There will be hatching eggs, chicks, grown birds, and lots of exotics during the spring of the year.

Quote:

There is a $5 adult admission. Every exotic auction i have ever been to charges admission. I guess it depends on just how bad you want to go. I, personally do not have a problem with paying $5 to get in especially during the spring when everything is wound up. There will be hatching eggs, chicks, grown birds, and lots of exotics during the spring of the year.

It was my first animal auction. Every auction that I had ever been to only charges the buyer when a purchase is made. I probably wouldn't have bought anything anyway the first time. I just wanted to get a feel for it and see what it was about. It was not worth $12 for me to "get a feel"
Anyway, to each his own. There must be a lot of people who don't feel like I do. It has been in operation for some time now.

Thanks for all the replies everyone. Jared, i will be there the 19th. Thats right up my alley. No, don't know where any silkies are, but i did see a few orpingtons at lacon flea market. I bought two blue orpingtons there last weekend. The guy didn't know what they were, and they just started laying. Great deal for ten bucks each! Artist chick, checked your drawings out, very nice.

Anyone here incubating? I set some the 3rd. Blue lace red wyandottes, jersey giants, buff orpingtons and light bramas. Hopefully, i will be setting some coronations next week.

Thank you, Lucky123!!
smile.png

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom