Solved Alert Challenged

Has anyone noticed a drop in Alerts?

• Total voters
Interesting... so alerts are working completely as you'd expect on the sister sites, but not here?
Hit and miss here. Always on BYH/TEG.
It seems to be like a "next day thing". If I stay connected all day or come back on the same day.. I am lit up like a Christmas tree.
Now if I come back the next day, that's when RANDOM threads had hits on them and I see a "new" on the thread but not in alert summary.
NOT EVERYDAY. And not every thread.
It's not a problem at all for me. I was just wondering if others had a similar experience.

I haven't been paying to much attention to be honest, and it may just be my imagination, but it seems that I stop getting alerts on certain threads I've posted on after a few days, even though a lot of replies have been posted. It's like I'm automatically unsubscribed if I don't post on the thread for a few days....
I'm still getting alerts for new comments on articles I commented on years ago though.

Ok..I have an example! I'm running Windows 8.1 and using google chrome.
I've previously dumped caches etc.

Nifty posted on the disappearing likes thread. I got alerts from everyone else who posted but I did not get an alert when Nifty posted. I screen shot the postings with time and my alerts in full page.

Screenshot (295).png

Screenshot (294)shopped.png

Are you "following" those 2 and not Nifty?
I started the disappearing likes thread and chose to receive emails and alerts, both choices that were there so I don't miss anything. (I believe that's what it asked for, I don't post very often)

I checked and I am following Nifty. I'm also following Casportpony. But I'm not following blackdust951. Or most of the other posters on the disappearing likes thread.

I thought choosing the alerts/email alerts meant we received alerts for all incoming posts, regardless of whether or not we're following the people posting.

(I'll admit I'm not sure what following does, other than to show you when certain people are currently active on the site.)

I started the disappearing likes thread and chose to receive emails and alerts, both choices that were there so I don't miss anything. (I believe that's what it asked for, I don't post very often)

I checked and I am following Nifty. I'm also following Casportpony. But I'm not following blackdust951. Or most of the other posters on the disappearing likes thread.

I thought choosing the alerts/email alerts meant we received alerts for all incoming posts, regardless of whether or not we're following the people posting.

(I'll admit I'm not sure what following does, other than to show you when certain people are currently active on the site.)
I have been just going with the flow so to speak. I stopped following this tread until you replied.
I find it easier to bookmark my favorites/important ones and browse from them. My missing alerts are hit and miss. Not too much of a concern. I'm on almost all day, off and on. Got the ole WiFi in my barn and rest my feet here and there. Some people take cigarette breaks, em wah takes byc breaks. So I hit on a lot of threads. Nice not to have alerts popping up from posts many months ago.

BTW, what is the criteria for alerts cut off? Like if I commented on a said thread months ago & someone reactivates the thread by replying? Is there a time factor? I have made over 6000 posts since day one. Good thing all the threads I left my mark on aren't lighting up my alert tab..

Back
Top Bottom