ALERT : Silkie Theft

So sorry to hear about the birds that you lost, the roo that was stolen and that your husband has been in the hospital.
hugs.gif
You are both in my prayers. What kind of world do we live in where people would steal someone else's loved pet? I soooooo hope that this "person" (I use that term loosely when referring to him/her) gets caught with your bird so that not only do you get your bird back but they have a huge fine to pay. I wanted to add that this is the fourth thread I have read in the past month about a valuable silkie being stolen. All you silkie breeders, please spread the word out to everyone you know who breeds them. This has got to stop!
somad.gif

Sandy, first and foremost I hope your husband is better soon and able to come home, will say a prayer from him.
hugs.gif

Criminals just have no limit as to what they will steal..
somad.gif
It just sickens and saddens me to what this world has come to.
duc.gif

I hope they do find the lowlife/s that have brought unnecessary stress and heartache to your life and prosecute to the fullest extent. Sometimes I wish things were dealt with the way they were back in the olden days, would be a lot less crime in this world I believe.
rant.gif

I too will be on the lookout for any lavender sales in the area and will spread the word to fellow poultry peeps.
wink.png

I've started to not let just anyone come to the farm anymore, I've not had a theft yet but I'm not taking any chances.

sorry for your loss, I'll keep a eye on craigslist, but I'm in WI so
hu.gif
but its worth a try. I've got padlocks on all the buildings with my special/showbirds.

if someone does just show-up the birds out in the open are my basic birds

Quote:
Sandy,

This makes me mad!!! I am so sorry for your loss, especially at the moment...... If there is anything we can do please let us know!!!! I am a good shot...... If I hear anything i'll let you know...... They might be dumb enough to turn up @ a show........

Sandy - we just meet on BYC recently - I am sorry this happened to you and I pray your husband gets better soon... Our family believes in Karma highly - so in due time they will get what they deserve..

When I first started getting into chickens - I friend we know said to me: Always meet them away from your home.. I have always followed that and since this is the 2nd stolen thread I have seen - I will stick to it strictly now...

I hope you find your roo and will check craigslist tonight for you...

I am not too far away from you and travel a lot around my county due to the job so I will keep an eye out for you. ETA: Okay, see the picture now. He's gorgeous. There won't be any mistaking that one. Anyway, like I said, I will keep an eye out.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that some people are so selfish that they have to steal something that makes someone else happy! May the Good Lord impose a guilty conscience upon them so they have a miserable time sleeping at night. I hate theives!!
somad.gif

Your husband is in my prayers. I will keep an open eye for your boy, something that pretty will gain attention somewhere.

You know, I get so caught in dealing with animal predators, I forget about the HUMAN ones! Shame on them, because you know, it has to be another chicken person, who else would want a chicken?? It's not something on thieves "top 10 list" to steal. This just makes my blood boil. Definitely get cameras. The only problem I foresee putting locks on coops is that if they are determined enough, they can use a heavy duty wire cutter (the kind that breaks chains, the name escapes me at the moment) to break it open.

Good luck in finding your chicken AND the person who did this. May Karma come back to bite them doubly in the ass!

Marlene
Wingate, NC

Last edited:
I dont understand why your getting rid of the dogs? From what I read, they just got out of the yard due to someone unlatching the gate. You determined they did not harm any of your chickens, so I dont understand why your getting rid of them? I also saw that someone else suggested a game camera. Thats a good idea. Id get a small Bushnell, as its easy to hide and you can put it just about anywhere. I hope you figure out who took your birds and get them back. Good luck to you.

Rammy

Back
Top Bottom