"All about Chickens" Rag Quilt Purse

hannakat

Songster
9 Years
Jun 5, 2010
Beaver County, PA
This purse turned out to have a soft, warm color feeling.....don't know how to describe it! Maybe this is for you or maybe for that special chicken-lovin' someone! This would make a wonderful Christmas present.

This is one of a kind creation made in the traditional manner with the X sewn into each square. I used "Le Poulet" Black/cream chickens ~ All over Chicken cotton print ~ All eggs cotton print. The closure and straps are made with brown chicken wire cotton fabric.

The inside is made with a an oh-so-cute circle pattern on black. I used tan flannel as the middle layer for color and fluff. The pockets are made with black/white chicken wire cotton fabric. The purse has one end pocket and two side pockets.

I integrate a sturdy lining in the bottom to prevent droop, which allows you to load it up!

Bag measures 12" x 8" with a 4" gusset.
There are 3 interior pockets: one on the end and two on either side.
The straps are made with adorable chicken wire cotton fabric. The straps are padded and double stitched for durability. It has a 10" drop.
I used a coordinating vintage Celluloid button to finish it off.

This purse has been washed and dried once to start the ragging effect. Machine wash and dry. Smoke free home. Shipping to be determined by zip code. Thanks!

P1010614.jpg

P1010612.jpg

P1010611.jpg

P1010615.jpg

Back
Top Bottom