All advice for raising ducklings please

Pics
Ok I don't see any at the front part of the egg but at the pointy end there are some. I know when chicks hatch there are still veins in the egg so are these the normal veins?
I would wait a little longer
Check again in 2 hours
When I take mine out the egg almost looks a pale yellow when candling and I don’t see any red at all

@New duck mommy 2021

Saw these tiny veins so stopped. Watched for a bit and didn't see chewing but didn't want to chance it bleeding so it is back in. Do I wait or are those little ones ok?

Attachments

• IMG_20240503_090615419_MP.jpg
    IMG_20240503_090615419_MP.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 7
@New duck mommy 2021

Saw these tiny veins so stopped. Watched for a bit and didn't see chewing but didn't want to chance it bleeding so it is back in. Do I wait or are those little ones ok?
I wait till the veins look not bright red when candling. You will be able to tell the difference
When they hatch normally if you look inside the egg there is zero blood
It’s cause they have sucked in all the blood then they yolk. If I see red that tells me it’s not fully absorbed yet
As the veins get thinner and pink it’s getting closer but still needs more time
I really should video me candling an egg that’s ready to show
Once you see it you would understand
Very hard to type what I mean

I wait till the veins look not bright red when candling. You will be able to tell the difference
When they hatch normally if you look inside the egg there is zero blood
It’s cause they have sucked in all the blood then they yolk. If I see red that tells me it’s not fully absorbed yet
As the veins get thinner and pink it’s getting closer but still needs more time
I really should video me candling an egg that’s ready to show
Once you see it you would understand
Very hard to type what I mean
Thanks. I think I understand. I have helped a few chicks hatch over the past couple years. It always makes me nervous no matter what so then I question myself.

@New duck mommy 2021

Help!!!! Is this the yolk sac? It is the first baby. It popped out on its own. It looks like yellow water, like pee color, not dark like I saw the yolk sac. Do I need to put it in a cup????

#2 is zipping

Attachments

• IMG_20240503_120337192.jpg
    IMG_20240503_120337192.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20240503_120354812_MP.jpg
    IMG_20240503_120354812_MP.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom