All dead this morning.

OMG - I'm so sorry.
sad.png

That's horrible!! I am sooo sorry! I don't know what I would do in your situation, but it could happen to any of us. Please take care!

Oh NO! Not STUBS!! How well I remember his story!

I'm so sorry for the loss.

The more and more I read here the more I'm convinced the biggest threat to our chickens are good old Canis familiaris - the domestic dog. We tend to worry more, I suppose, about those wild predators out there like the foxes and racoons, which should also be considered, but it seems like at least 3 out of 5 'my chickens got killed' posts are dogs - strays, neighbors who don't keep them up, even people's own dogs.

And unlike a hawk which will just take one, maybe two or a racoon that may kill a few before escaping, and usually attack at night when we have them safely secured in our Ft Knox coops, maurading dogs strike in broad daylight and seem to think of our chickens like playtoys - fun to chase and chew on and then when they quit running, off to the next one.

So sad...

I shall not see a world that will be dear to me
Summer without flowers
Kine without milk,
Women without modesty,
Men without valor,
Captures without a king...
Woods without mast,
Sea without produce...

And the yard without your chickens, whom you loved.
sad.png

That came to mind because it was a poem of such loss, and it was attributed to your "namesake" Badhbh.

I'm so very sorry you lost your chickens.​

Back
Top Bottom