All flock vs layer feed??

I visited my local feed store this morning, ended buying Purina Gold'n Start and Grow Crumbles; 20% protein, 0.85% calcium.

Other ingredients:

Added selenium 0.30mg/kg
Crude fat min 3%
Crude Fibre max 5%
Phosphorus actual 0.70
Sodium actual 0.16%

Vitamins A, D3, E various IU/kg

I have oyster shell aways available in a separate large plastic jar on the wall.

Goal is to feed this year round to hens, roosters, chicks; will this work?

Additional question: what is the value of adding milled Flax to their feed and how and in what amounts?

Thanks in advance!

Being a start & grow, it will probably be fine for the whole flock. Did it list numbers for lysine or methionine?
No, list I gave above is complete from label:

IMG_20230922_101528_626.jpg

The numbers listed looked fine and being Purina, I would like to think that the AA profile would be fine as well. Does it have an ingredient list? @U_Stormcrow might be able to infer some based on that. I know he has gone into the weeds on nutrition and looked at several feeds from around the world.

I visited my local feed store this morning, ended buying Purina Gold'n Start and Grow Crumbles; 20% protein, 0.85% calcium....I have oyster shell aways available in a separate large plastic jar on the wall.

Goal is to feed this year round to hens, roosters, chicks; will this work?
Yes, I think that should work fine.

Additional question: what is the value of adding milled Flax to their feed and how and in what amounts?
@U_Stormcrow might know that. Unfortunately I don't.

Back
Top Bottom