All members that sale chickens for profit (ha) please answer me this..

I'm contemplating getting some blue coppers just for my personal pets. I love the looks of that bird. But I live in rural MS, so the majority of my birds are sold to eat, not pet.

Quote:
You are right about the Brahma maturing slowly but it is not so slow and I think they are worth the wait, it is nice to have a winter layer. I LOVE red chickens, I am surprised the RIRs did not go over well. If you go with BO Jody (hinkjc) has some of the nicest birds. Cynthia (speckled hen) has the most tame Barred rocks ever so I would keep them in mind if you decide to go that route.

pips&peeps is right no profit..here it all goes back into the birds in one way or another..

Best seller for us has been Buff orps and araucana for the past few years, was buff silkies to but got out of them..

however here lately we get emails out the wazzo for project eggs,chicks and birds..from lavender to the mottled that aren't even laying yet..at least 4-5 emails everyday..hope it cools down soon..

Charlie

Around here (KY) most people are into the dual purpose types. And game chickens, but that's a different story.
somad.gif

I would think, if they are wanting birds to eat, I would go with any type of rock. Our rocks are much bigger than our RIR. The SLW we have are bigger also. RIR are more of a layer type bird I think. They get big, but there are many more that get bigger.

Back
Top Bottom