All My Chickens..... a coop opera!

Pics
Very pretty. So many wonderful colors. :he
I am not sure this will console you at all Bob, but I originally I liked the idea of the road-runners (aka crested cream Legbars!) because they would lay blue eggs, but now I think I prefer brown eggs - I find the brown eggs so perfect somehow.
So now I love the road-runners because they are such cool chickens full of personality and I see their blue egg laying as a very small downside. :confused:

What a small world!
We once had a brown leghorn hen named Roadrunner!
Mine are called Minnie and Dotty and collectively they are known as 'the road runners' because that is just how they look and behave!
Of course they are also Princesses just like all my other chickens who live in the Chicken Palace and are waited on at every turn by their faithful servant (me). :love

Mine are called Minnie and Dotty and collectively they are known as 'the road runners' because that is just how they look and behave!
Of course they are also Princesses just like all my other chickens who live in the Chicken Palace and are waited on at every turn by their faithful servant (me). :love
Talk about spoiled eggs!:lau
Sounds like they have it good!

Good morning everyone! 💕❤️
The rain hasn’t stopped here and doesn’t plan to any time soon😖... the gals do not get to come out today... even though they would love to! I swear they are part duck! They play in the flooded yard and stand in the rain getting soaked! Last night was the first night that I left the babies in the big coop.. in their section. I was a little nervous as they are five weeks today and it was in the 60s... they look fine! But of course the minute I decide they are good to stay out the weather will be getting cooler and over the weekend it’ll get into the 50s and high 40s at night... do y’all think they’ll be okay to stay out in that? They will be five and a half weeks by then and I have a nest that is blocked off on three sides that they sleep in.... but they are just out in the open... not inside the closed up area....
Hi WhoDat! I'm a little late in answering this. As long as they have a roof over their heads & can stay dry, they should be fine. They are fully feathered out now & they still have each other to snuggle with if they should get cold.💞

I am not sure this will console you at all Bob, but I originally I liked the idea of the road-runners (aka crested cream Legbars!) because they would lay blue eggs, but now I think I prefer brown eggs - I find the brown eggs so perfect somehow.
So now I love the road-runners because they are such cool chickens full of personality and I see their blue egg laying as a very small downside. :confused:
Want to trade some brown layers for blue layers?

Maybe these two?
20210131_164730.jpg
20201214_133248.jpg

I'm kidding of course. I could never give them up. 🥰

Back
Top Bottom