All My Chickens..... a coop opera!

Bob, I've been wanting to ask you about Hattie. How is she getting along these days? I ask because Mary is sitting down a lot more than she used to. I may have to take her to the vet.
When it's cold, Hattie moves from place to place but spends most of the day sitting. It was very warm today so she moved around more. She is not as active as everyone else. She is holding her weight and shifts how she lays to avoid the sores. So she is coping.

When it's cold, Hattie moves from place to place but spends most of the day sitting. It was very warm today so she moved around more. She is not as active as everyone else. She is holding her weight and shifts how she lays to avoid the sores. So she is coping.
And are her sores on her keel or legs?

And are her sores on her keel or legs?
Keel

20230828_171338.jpg

Keel

When I look at this, the sore area looks low, it looks like her belly, so is it the very end of the keelbone, the edge, that gets rubbed?
PS I feel for her in this pose. How undignified! You must promise her that this photo is only ever used for educational purposes only, for others to help chickens everywhere, and that she is viewed with respect every time. ❤️

When I look at this, the sore area looks low, it looks like her belly, so is it the very end of the keelbone, the edge, that gets rubbed?
PS I feel for her in this pose. How undignified! You must promise her that this photo is only ever used for educational purposes only, for others to help chickens everywhere, and that she is viewed with respect every time. ❤️
This photo is only shared via a spoiler for educational purposes. It is very low and is the end of the keel bone.

Back
Top Bottom