All my chickens can yall help me?

I would certainly consider them barred. They look like my chicks will probably look in a few weeks. My rooster is a barred rock. My hens are Easter eggers and olive eggers.
Thank u so much, then all his chicks had barring, so he might have 2 genes for it 🤔....my chicks were born black with white spots and the brown ones were chipmunk striped at first.....now they all have bars. I just got me some easter egger chicks I love them, and I got some blue and dark brown eggs in the incubator my husband's friend gave us, I know he said he had americanas, I'm curious what will hatch from them

Yes, they all have white barring.
(Well, I can't see it for sure on the pale-colored one who is hiding behind the rest. But I can definitely see it on all the black ones and the brown one.)
Thank you so much for clearing that up for me, since it wasn't black and white I wasn't sure but they all have the brown ones look like that too, he had 25 barred chicks then

That rooster looks like he might have some phoenix in him.
I looked up a phoenix rooster and they are gorgeous, that would be awesome if he had some genes of a phoenix breed, I am hoping to get a pretty rooster from him to keep

Thank you so much for clearing that up for me, since it wasn't black and white I wasn't sure but they all have the brown ones look like that too, he had 25 barred chicks then

"Barred" gets used at least two ways, so I know it can be confusing.

Sometimes it means any chicken with white barring (caused by the barring gene.) All your chicks are "barred" in that sense. Since we were discussing genetics, this is what I meant.

Sometimes it means black with nice crisp white barring, and no other options. Colors like Cuckoo (white barring not as crisp) and Crele (white bars on a different background color) are not "barred" in that sense, and neither are your brown-based chicks. When discussing genetics I ignore this meaning, but when talking about breeds/varieties than can be bought, or that can be entered in a chicken show, this meaning is much more common.

"Barred" gets used at least two ways, so I know it can be confusing.

Sometimes it means any chicken with white barring (caused by the barring gene.) All your chicks are "barred" in that sense. Since we were discussing genetics, this is what I meant.

Sometimes it means black with nice crisp white barring, and no other options. Colors like Cuckoo (white barring not as crisp) and Crele (white bars on a different background color) are not "barred" in that sense, and neither are your brown-based chicks. When discussing genetics I ignore this meaning, but when talking about breeds/varieties than can be bought, or that can be entered in a chicken show, this meaning is much more common.
Y'all are great, I'm learning so much, I'm going to look up 👆 those colors now ☺️...thanks

Back
Top Bottom