All Natural Herbal Remedies and Recipes for Chickens

Wow! Wish I had a tiny country shop like so! We live in a tiny quiet town out in the country!
I wish the shop was closer to me. I dont get there very often
sad.png
, but most places do ship.

I am so glad that someone posted a link to this thread! I love herbs and grow some in my garden! I also dry my herbs, too! Please keep the receipes coming! Love it! I am trying to raise our chickens as natural as possible. We are learning a lot from the "Natural Chicken Keeping" thread!

Anything that I can use Rosemary, Thyme, Sage, Basil, Chives, Lavendar, and Parsley for! I'm also trying to grow Echunacia ( I think that's how you spell it lol!) I am expanding next year to a few more! I want to grow my own garlic and some mints.

Anything that I can use Rosemary, Thyme, Sage, Basil, Chives, Lavendar, and Parsley for! I'm also trying to grow Echunacia ( I think that's how you spell it lol!) I am expanding next year to a few more! I want to grow my own garlic and some mints.
Rosemary- antiseptic, astringent, circulatory stimulant. It promotes healing and kills bacteria
Thyme- Great antibacterial, antibiotic, antimicrobial,. Its a great wound herb and great for flus and colds
Sage- Astringent, tonic, is a great infection fighter, fights colds and fever, clears congestion, soothes sore throats
Basil- astringent,nervine infection fighting,great for acne, calms the nerves
Chives--- I just eat them
lavender- IMPO the most important herb in the herbal world. This gentle little flower does it all. Strong antiseptic, great all around healer. relieves pain, stops bleeding, kills bacteria, speeds healing, and is gentle enough for babies
Parsley-rich in vit/min,reduces fever, allergy symptoms
Echinacea- internally great immune system builder, topically it helps the body repair wounds. Stimulates the white blood cells which destroy bacteria, viruses, and foreign invaders also activates the production of a protein interferon which protects cells against the invasion of viruses.
Garlic- strong antibiotic, expectorant, antihistamine (SP) ,great for colds and respiratory infections
Mint- Peppermint- digestive tonic, antiseptic, pain relieving, calms upset stomach,
Spearmint- Good for relieving cold symptoms, headaches, great for indigestion

I agree! Awesome! Thank you so much for all the info! We are also trying to go natural on everyone in our household. And this information will definately help!

Back
Top Bottom