All the animals I want

Status
Not open for further replies.
When my daughter is old enough I'm going to pull the permits and get a breeding pair of dwarf caimans. They're the smallest crocodilians in the world. We can keep them in Florida so long as a person has the proper license for lower-danger crocodilians. But it would still be too dangerous to keep any until my daughter is plenty old enough to leave them alone. I'd love to work on modifying them through selective breeding.

I would have a pygmy rattlesnake, but for my wife's phobia of snakes and again, my daughter is just too young to have that class of animal within reaching distance.

Red necked wallabys!! Kangaroos maybe, I'm not certain if I can legally own a kangaroos
Never underestimate Kangaroos, they are stronger than a person, and can get angry fairly easily. (and I've had personal experience of being chased around a paddock, and its not fun) Although they are one of my favorite animals :)

My list grows pretty fast. I currently have 17 pullets (7 laying but still not a year) and one cockerel (not a year yet either). 4 white call ducks. 2 girls and 2 boys. One Rottweiler that is 2 years old and just had 6 babies last week. 3 boys and 3 girls. Yes, we are keeping all 6. We don’t want them to become a cute Christmas gift (even though starting price would be $1,500) that they don’t want later or becoming a breeding profit, a lot of people don’t have Rottweilers around here but are always looking for them. Oh and 6 kids, 5 girls 1 boy.

So to add to the crazy, I am getting Light Brahmas, Black Laced Silver Wyandotte, and more French Black Marans this spring. Also we are hoping for some Silver Call ducks. The lady we are buying from is going to try to hatch some but we will see what she gets and what we ACTUALLY end up with (which could be anything and everything). We are hoping to also add goats. I would love some Nigerian goats! My husband wants to add Turkeys so we can have our own grown Turkey for Thanksgiving next year. Which I told him fine, but he is cleaning it and that we have to get more than one so we can hatch our own and have a continued supply of Turkeys. Peafowl is on my list of wants to add but I’m not sure my husband is game for that one…I guess we will see. Geese would be cool but I’m worried they will be mean like they are in the wild…maybe it’s different hand raising them.

I would love moo moos (yes I’m 35 and call cows moo moos), but they are expensive to take care of and I wouldn’t want to butcher it. It would have to go to Auction for something like that. Also I would love horses but again expensive and takes a lot of care. Not that I don’t mine the extra expense or extra time but with 6 kids I have to be realistic. So these would be probably AFTER my kids move out….youngest is 2 and depending on when he leaves the home…I’m looking at another 16 years or so….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom