All the animals I want

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry.... :hugs I wish you could come to our school.
What angelic school do you teach at where there's teens that are tolerable...
Im sorry! My oldest with Down Syndrome had some struggles too. She was in a regular classroom in kindergarten and it got so hard for her she started lashing out. Chocking students, teachers, etc. I told them she couldn’t learn in this environment, that she needed to go to a special education co-op. Which my sister was part of and how I knew about them. Mind you at the time I only lived 20-25 min from where I grew up at the time. And the school she attended didn’t have it. So I moved to the school districts (county really) that did. And ever since then she did great. The county I live in has one of these alternate school and the co-op. But many towns don’t. And they REALLY should. There are so many other options out there for students, why not go an extra mile for them. I know funding plays a huge role but honestly in my eyes, that isn’t an excuse. There are needs and wants and sometimes I think schools fill the wants more than the needs. I recently experienced this with my daughters school. Now they have a legal battle that they will loose on. Anyway….

I have a place for teens too. Aside from having one and another right behind and one right behind that 😂.. My oldest is a cheerleader at her school, which she is the very first through the co-op, so I applaud her for that. But those girls are absolutely amazing with her!! And they all have struggles that I can relate to. (From when I was a kid) Some were rude and just ugly because of their personality, no…not directed to my kids but to ALL the other girls. I don’t think age means a lot, I mean obviously it does in a lot of aspects but it is how mature you are. Unfortunately a lot of the girls were mature because they had to grow up fast, which isn’t fair but where I can relate and I know it made me who I am today. Im hoping my kids having different animals and see how and what it takes to care for them and for them to do it too, will help them when it is time to go out into the world.

When my daughter is old enough I'm going to pull the permits and get a breeding pair of dwarf caimans. They're the smallest crocodilians in the world. We can keep them in Florida so long as a person has the proper license for lower-danger crocodilians. But it would still be too dangerous to keep any until my daughter is plenty old enough to leave them alone. I'd love to work on modifying them through selective breeding.

I would have a pygmy rattlesnake, but for my wife's phobia of snakes and again, my daughter is just too young to have that class of animal within reaching distance.
you've now inspired me to get dwarf caimans

well, it's illegal
It depends on where you are at. Florida allows some crocodilians as pets. They’re ranked by danger level and their threat to the environment if released. Nile and Saltwater crocs and similar regular maneaters are at the highest classification. Dwarf caimans are at the lowest level and a person can receive a license after several hours of apprenticeship to someone who cares for crocodilians.

It depends on where you are at. Florida allows some crocodilians as pets. They’re ranked by danger level and their threat to the environment if released. Nile and Saltwater crocs and similar regular maneaters are at the highest classification. Dwarf caimans are at the lowest level and a person can receive a license after several hours of apprenticeship to someone who cares for crocodilians.
I checked with my country, it's illegal, with permit and not :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom