All the Christian Homeschoolers!

Pics
This thread is lovely, and so relatable!

I've been homeschooled my entire life along with my 7 siblings, and I'm currently in my last year, woohoo! I love that I was homeschooled and will be forever grateful to my mother. ❤️

I see others here struggle with lack of friends (and sometimes irritating siblings :lol:) and I too have been very isolated my whole life. I would never choose it any other way, though; I know God has a plan for me. :)

I have so many interests/hobbies including: reading, photography, cooking, baking, crocheting, quilting, anything to do with animals (especially cats and chickens), writing, and music. And more that I currently can't think of! 😂

I have no plans/interest in going to college, though I have been recently interested in possibly taking an assistant veterinary course online.

Anyways, it's nice to be here and I hope I can meet some like-minded people!

Hello!
I was home-schooled all my life, up until a couple of years ago when I stopped at year 10. (which was far as I needed to legally)
It was a struggle at times, as my mother passed away when I was around 12 years old, and then my older brother took on the task.
I don't feel like I learnt nearly as much as I should have, but hopefully I can make up later on if needed.
The last two years have been gap years, not doing much except helping out on the property. Next year I am hoping to join the Police force.
So yeah, I might seem like I've just been lazy, but it has been very hard at times and we try to do the right things at the right times.
I was one of the home-schoolers who did find it lonely, not knowing any kids except my two brothers, and not really going anywhere much after my mum died, until a few years ago.
Since then, things have really been looking up for me, and I'm hoping to be more productive in the coming years.
Rally cars, and the community around the sport, have made me come out of my shell and enjoying mixing with other people for the first time in my life.

This thread is lovely, and so relatable!

I've been homeschooled my entire life along with my 7 siblings, and I'm currently in my last year, woohoo! I love that I was homeschooled and will be forever grateful to my mother. ❤️

I see others here struggle with lack of friends (and sometimes irritating siblings :lol:) and I too have been very isolated my whole life. I would never choose it any other way, though; I know God has a plan for me. :)

I have so many interests/hobbies including: reading, photography, cooking, baking, crocheting, quilting, anything to do with animals (especially cats and chickens), writing, and music. And more that I currently can't think of! 😂

I have no plans/interest in going to college, though I have been recently interested in possibly taking an assistant veterinary course online.

Anyways, it's nice to be here and I hope I can meet some like-minded people!
Hi, welcome!!

Bahaha, I fell the irritating sibling thing so much.
I love hearing others be so openly sure of God's plan for them, and to know that others are resting in that confidence as I am. :)
What sort of things do you like to bake and cook? I cook for my family often, I go-to are quick skillet meals(I might be a little lazy).
Also feel free to answer the "question of the day", what's your favorite thing to photograph?
Assistant veterinary sounds like a great career path, lots of opportunities for so much.
We're all glad you're here!

I love hearing others be so openly sure of God's plan for them, and to know that others are resting in that confidence as I am. :)
:hugs
What sort of things do you like to bake and cook?
I used to bake all sort of things, but I've been low-sugar for a couple months so I'm pretty limited now (I'm 100% happy with that choice, though). Obviously, there are still a lot of options, but so many baked goods can only be made right with lots and lots of sugar! :p Some of my previous favorites were cinnamon rolls, all sorts of cookies, cakes, banana bread, scones, biscuits. I've went through a couple phases of making sourdough bread, and I definitely had some success but it's just a LOT of work.

I cook for my family often, I go-to are quick skillet meals(I might be a little lazy).
I cook almost all of my family's suppers, and my go to is also skillet meals! I find them so easy, quick, and straightforward. Maybe we could share some recipes sometime. :) (I also see you've got the tag "unappreciated family cook" and I so understand. My mom and sister are always very thankful, but my brothers can be a bit clueless sometimes. 😅)
Also feel free to answer the "question of the day", what's your favorite thing to photograph?
Definitely cats! And chickens in second!

Hello!
I was home-schooled all my life, up until a couple of years ago when I stopped at year 10. (which was far as I needed to legally)
It was a struggle at times, as my mother passed away when I was around 12 years old, and then my older brother took on the task.
I don't feel like I learnt nearly as much as I should have, but hopefully I can make up later on if needed.
The last two years have been gap years, not doing much except helping out on the property. Next year I am hoping to join the Police force.
So yeah, I might seem like I've just been lazy, but it has been very hard at times and we try to do the right things at the right times.
I was one of the home-schoolers who did find it lonely, not knowing any kids except my two brothers, and not really going anywhere much after my mum died, until a few years ago.
Since then, things have really been looking up for me, and I'm hoping to be more productive in the coming years.
Rally cars, and the community around the sport, have made me come out of my shell and enjoying mixing with other people for the first time in my life.
Hello Sussex, welcome!
I have been taking a couple of "gap" year as well, so to speak. I sort of dropped everything fall of 2021 when the mounting subjects and difficulty became too much.
I'm sure I can't imagine how hard losing your mum must have been, but I'm glad you're here and have a really great plan for the future! Police work is a very honorable job.
I do know very well how lonely feels. :( I hope you can find some good friends here, and I'm glad you have found your own community to enjoy!
We're glad you're here! :)

:hugs

I used to bake all sort of things, but I've been low-sugar for a couple months so I'm pretty limited now (I'm 100% happy with that choice, though). Obviously, there are still a lot of options, but so many baked goods can only be made right with lots and lots of sugar! :p Some of my previous favorites were cinnamon rolls, all sorts of cookies, cakes, banana bread, scones, biscuits. I've went through a couple phases of making sourdough bread, and I definitely had some success but it's just a LOT of work.
I've had weird digestive problems, so I've had to start cutting out fruits and vegetables that are "high fodmap". So no onions. :( I love using onions, unfortunately. 😅 It's made family meal planning quite a bit more difficult.
I cook almost all of my family's suppers, and my go to is also skillet meals! I find them so easy, quick, and straightforward. Maybe we could share some recipes sometime. :) (I also see you've got the tag "unappreciated family cook" and I so understand. My mom and sister are always very thankful, but my brothers can be a bit clueless sometimes. 😅)
My sisters love to critique, but my parents are always happy with whatever I make! I have two skillets off the top of my head. One is lunch/dinner, one is breakfast.
The breakfast one is sweet potatoes, onions, breakfast sausage(pre cooked brown and serve is the best), and spinach.
Lunch is bell peppers, onions, carrots, and chicken. If you cook the chicken with chicken broth and the carrots, you can get the carrots really soft and sweet. Once I accidentally made carrots taste exactly like sweet potatoes!
I also like to make chickpea curry. Yummm.
Garam Masala is the best seasoning ever.
Definitely cats! And chickens in second!
I need to spend more time with my chickens so I can get some good photos. :D

Back
Top Bottom