All the Christian Homeschoolers!

Yeah, they certainly can be! I was at a prayer meeting a few weeks ago (praying for unbelievers in our lives), but it was my turn to pray…

It was just my life group leader and my pastor, and I think he saw the look of terror on my face. He told me, “this is probably the safest place to practice prayer in front of others”

Which might be true… but it’s also, I don’t know, intimidating when you’re praying out loud in front of your pastor who is like a master at praying!
Dude, I literally cannot pray in front of people.

It’s definitely a little scary at first, but it gets better with practice and knowing that no one is judging (and if they are, that’s their problem)

And with my social anxiety, my passion for serving and my yearning to be with God’s people allowed me to work on overcoming my fears (still definitely a work in progress though!)

It’s definitely a little scary at first, but it gets better with practice and knowing that no one is judging (and if they are, that’s their problem)

And with my social anxiety, my passion for serving and my yearning to be with God’s people allowed me to work on overcoming my fears (still definitely a work in progress though!)
Yeah, problem with me though is that I have no desire to be around most people. Kids are the exception. (I serve in children's ministry)

Last night was our last Life Group 😭

I tried to give my pastor the letter:

Me: *while we’re walking down to groups* “I have a question”
Him: “Ok, what’s your question?”
Me: “I know you’ve said you want to communicate verbally, but (someone he works with) said I could give you a letter…”
Him: “She said that?”
Me: “yeah, so…”
Him: “no”
Me: *cornfuzzled*
Him: “I don’t want to take steps backward from our progress especially in our last week”
Me: “but…”
Him: “if you have a question you’re welcome to ask”
Me: “it’s more of a thank you”
Him: “well, if it’s more of a thank you card that’s ok”
Me: “ok. It doesn’t have any questions”😁

I didn’t actually hand it to him then, so right before I left I gave it to him.
Me: *hands letter*
Him: *takes*
Me: “by the way, it is pretty long but it’s positive”
Him: “I would’ve expected nothing less”🤣 (based off of my past notes and texts)

What I didn’t tell him is that it’s 3 pages long :lau:oops:🤫

I’m going to miss him so much!
Sounds like it went well! I'm glad! :hugs
Same, I also agree...I'm literally so nervous around my youth pastor even though he's the nicest guy

Yeah, problem with me though is that I have no desire to be around most people. Kids are the exception. (I serve in children's ministry)
I also, for most of my life, felt the same way.

I always want to grow in my faith and serve, but something I’m realizing is that fellowship and relationships with other believers are key to the Christian life, and it’s one of the many ways I can serve and love God’s people.

Scripture is so clear about the importance of being with other believers. Just last night, we were talking about sacrificially loving each other. It doesn't use those specific words in our English text, but if you look at the Greek words, it uses "agape"
921206DA-3DB0-4FBF-B998-BCC9585D585E.jpeg

Looking at verse 16 in that copy of the New Testament, it uses the word “άγάπην”, which translates to “ágápin” (which also translates to agape)

Agape basically means the same thing as Jesus' sacrifice for us.

So... we are called by God to love each other, even if that means sacrificing time or comfort or whatever may be holding you back from loving like Jesus loved. In 1 John 3:16, says:
"By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers." "He" is Christ, and "brothers" refers to other Christians (and also refers to both brothers and sisters). And Jesus "laid down his life" in so many other ways than his crucifixion.

But it is super hard! I think the best thing is to pray to our Heavenly Father, and ask Him to put the desire to be around His people and love His people in our hearts.

To love others, we must interact with them. The Bible points us to the world, where God's most precious creations are - other people.

"love one another" appear numerous times in the New Testament, as does other phrases with "one another" that refer to it. The Greek word, “άλλήλων” appears over 100 times in the New Testament.

Attachments

• BA20D1A7-27E9-441D-8FBD-CDC6C54AD68A.png
    BA20D1A7-27E9-441D-8FBD-CDC6C54AD68A.png
    202 KB · Views: 3
I also, for most of my life, felt the same way.

I always want to grow in my faith and serve, but something I’m realizing is that fellowship and relationships with other believers are key to the Christian life, and it’s one of the many ways I can serve and love God’s people.

Scripture is so clear about the importance of being with other believers. Just last night, we were talking about sacrificially loving each other. It doesn't use those specific words in our English text, but if you look at the Greek words, it uses "agape"
View attachment 3525809
Looking at verse 16 in that copy of the New Testament, it uses the word “άγάπην”, which translates to “ágápin” (which also translates to agape)

Agape basically means the same thing as Jesus' sacrifice for us.

So... we are called by God to love each other, even if that means sacrificing time or comfort or whatever may be holding you back from loving like Jesus loved. In 1 John 3:16, says:
"By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers." "He" is Christ, and "brothers" refers to other Christians (and also refers to both brothers and sisters). And Jesus "laid down his life" in so many other ways than his crucifixion.

But it is super hard! I think the best thing is to pray to our Heavenly Father, and ask Him to put the desire to be around His people and love His people in our hearts.

To love others, we must interact with them. The Bible points us to the world, where God's most precious creations are - other people.

"love one another" appear numerous times in the New Testament, as does other phrases with "one another" that refer to it. The Greek word, “άλλήλων” appears over 100 times in the New Testament.
Thank you for that Lemon. I'll try to interact with more people. Please pray for me about this!

does anyone else put sticky notes in their bible to mark the pages, versus, or just to make a note? I have started doing that.

does anyone else put sticky notes in their bible to mark the pages, versus, or just to make a note? I have started doing that.
That’s a good idea! I just totally mark up the actual pages 🤣

Attachments

• AF54D080-6248-4C45-987C-A560D727BCEC.jpeg
    AF54D080-6248-4C45-987C-A560D727BCEC.jpeg
    368.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 02B17E18-A313-442F-BD70-1654B6BA16F0.jpeg
    02B17E18-A313-442F-BD70-1654B6BA16F0.jpeg
    456.9 KB · Views: 2
  • FC54FD0E-3A8E-4894-A8DC-74D6CAC053C6.jpeg
    FC54FD0E-3A8E-4894-A8DC-74D6CAC053C6.jpeg
    761.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 5A194D75-DB33-4679-A25F-442B95D24F96.jpeg