All the Christian Homeschoolers!

has anyone read CS Lewis's Narnia or JRR Toklen's Lord of the Rings? They're pretty cool with the parallels to Jesus and his journey to the cross.
I absolutely love the Narnia books!
They have something very special about them to me.
I have also read all of the Lord of the Rings, and really like them too!

I absolutely love the Narnia books!
They have something very special about them to me.
I have also read all of the Lord of the Rings, and really like them too!
LotR is great "but then you have to read the Silmarillion cuz why not"...its so hard Its just about a bunch of elves messing up the world and other elves fixing it but in the longest way possible and all in old old English that was patched together from random notes that his son found..... I did get through it though. i don't regret it I just wouldn't do it again.

What sort of Bible do you have?

I also have little Scripture journals (just the New Testament and Psalms) that I use a ton for my heavier note taking.
I have three Bibles! I usually use my digital one though, at least in church. I prefer a physical bible for study.
I have a student study bible, an archaeological study bible(which is AWESOME and it even has color pictures!), and a nice compact one. They're all ESV, but now I wish I got more versions.

does anyone else put sticky notes in their bible to mark the pages, versus, or just to make a note? I have started doing that.
I really want to get those little plasticky colorful strips with a sticky edge, so I can mark places. I just don't know where to get them!
Several years ago during devotions at summer camp, our counselor gave some to all of us to mark our daily camp memory verses. They were great! And are still intact!

Y'all talking about wrapping up school, here I am, just starting back up after two years off. I discovered the other day that I have NO math credits at all. Last month I restarted Algebra 1 for the s i x t h time. 😭 I need four math credits, twenty total. But surprisingly, math isn't my least favorite subject this time around! I'm actually enjoying it, praise the Lord! It's history/government. My mom's got me doing Hillsdale(Michigan) online classes and they're just so dry. I have several courses she wants me to do, so I can get a credit.
But she is trying to scrape up as much credit from life experiences as she can! I could be worse off... But not by much. I aim to graduate next spring, spend my summer as a camp counselor, then start commuting to a college an hour away in the fall. Maybe. We hope. I would appreciate prayers, as I have to cram approx. two and a half years of school into one, and I'm having a very tough time with the dry, un-captivating classes.

And i love to draw. Its says its not able to ship to my location. Guess ill have to look for a different one.
See if you can find it else where I just stuck that link to show what it looks like.
has anyone read CS Lewis's Narnia or JRR Toklen's Lord of the Rings? They're pretty cool with the parallels to Jesus and his journey to the cross.
I read Narnia up to the Silver Chair (I think), I get easy distracted from some books and I just haven't gone back to it yet.
LotR, I am sure to many bookworms' shock I have not read, I've tried The Hobbit at least two times but again got distracted.

Back
Top Bottom