All the Christian Homeschoolers!

Maybe I'm just crazy but from watching both my wife and my hens, I see that motherhood is the highest thing in this world
View attachment 3528462
I was hoping to find more homeschooling parents ITT because I'm currently teaching my kids the Sermon on the Mount. I think Christ covers all of the essentials there
I agree, motherhood is a miraculous gift. The fact that God has given we women the ability to grow a life within our own bodies, then have our own children to raise in a godly manner? Amazing! I can't wait to be able to use that gift.

So, I volunteer with either PreK or Kindergarten on Sundays.

They're adorable! I love them so much. They're hilarious.

One of them has a crush on me.

Another thought I was 23 years old.

And multiple of them have said, "teacher? I need ____"
I usually try and say, "Oh, I'm not the teacher, I'm just a helper. Here you go!" But they seem aghast at the idea that I'm not "teacher". 😂

Maybe I'm just crazy but from watching both my wife and my hens, I see that motherhood is the highest thing in this world
View attachment 3528462
I was hoping to find more homeschooling parents ITT because I'm currently teaching my kids the Sermon on the Mount. I think Christ covers all of the essentials there
Absolutely the sermon on the mount covers it! That and the fruit of the spirit. I love and strive to live by what Jesus himself taught, in the spirit of how he taught it. The rest of the 'stuff' that goes along with religion, of all types, I'm happy to take with a grain of salt.

I just really wanted to reply to your post! My introduction in next post.

I'll join for this one post and then I'll get out of your way so I don't crash the party because I'm a grown up now.
I'm 34 woman, married, with 1 daughter age 11. I was homeschooled until I went to university (college) at age 18, although I'd been working for 2 years before I went to university.

I have 4 brothers and 1 sister and I am the oldest. I was raised fundamentalist evangelical in the quiverfull movement.
I generally view being homeschooled as a positive for me individually. I feel I got a very good education and I did well at university. My mother was the main reason for my good education, she was a very good teacher and tried very hard. She went on to become a public school teacher. We mostly followed the A Beka curriculum, with a bit of this and that thrown in.

My mathematics is not good, however I doubt that would have been any different if I attended the public schools of the era.

I saw many of my friends exit their homeschooling years very poorly educated. I don't feel like it is a positive thing on a population level. My daughter attends a small local catholic school and we both struggled during lockdown with 'learn at home'.

That's my little publicly shared life story. If any of you want to chat further I'm happy to be there for you. I've been on quite the journey, questioning my faith, losing my faith, and finding my faith again but in a very different way than how I was raised. I still self identify as Christian. If any of you find in the future, or now, that you'd like someone to talk to who has very much walked closely in your shoes, and will certainly share my experience and never judge, I'm here for you.

Blessings :)

I'll join for this one post and then I'll get out of your way so I don't crash the party because I'm a grown up now.
I'm 34 woman, married, with 1 daughter age 11. I was homeschooled until I went to university (college) at age 18, although I'd been working for 2 years before I went to university.

I have 4 brothers and 1 sister and I am the oldest. I was raised fundamentalist evangelical in the quiverfull movement.
I generally view being homeschooled as a positive for me individually. I feel I got a very good education and I did well at university. My mother was the main reason for my good education, she was a very good teacher and tried very hard. She went on to become a public school teacher. We mostly followed the A Beka curriculum, with a bit of this and that thrown in.

My mathematics is not good, however I doubt that would have been any different if I attended the public schools of the era.

I saw many of my friends exit their homeschooling years very poorly educated. I don't feel like it is a positive thing on a population level. My daughter attends a small local catholic school and we both struggled during lockdown with 'learn at home'.

That's my little publicly shared life story. If any of you want to chat further I'm happy to be there for you. I've been on quite the journey, questioning my faith, losing my faith, and finding my faith again but in a very different way than how I was raised. I still self identify as Christian. If any of you find in the future, or now, that you'd like someone to talk to who has very much walked closely in your shoes, and will certainly share my experience and never judge, I'm here for you.

Nice to meet you!

So nice to meet you!

Back
Top Bottom