All the Christian Homeschoolers!

Its horrible here. Our air quality is horrible. We are in the very unhealthy purple zone. Cant even see down in the valleys. And in the morning it smells like wood burning.
Same here. We're one below purple and it smells like smoke in the morning. Can't see past a half mile.

My phone wasnt focusing, ill get some more pictures tomorrow the smoke is worse as it sets at night. I was outside for about 5 minutes and my head started hurting. There is a ball game going on and you can see the smoke through the lights.
20230628_220956.jpg
20230628_221210.jpg

Afternoon is the worst here. The air just smells thick and heavy. It smepls like a bonfire 45 minutes north of here though.
Our air doesnt smell thick and heavy, but im gonna have to prevent myself from going outside late at night. I cant take the smell of the smoke it irritates my lungs.
It doesnt smell like a bonfire here its kinda hard to describe what it actually smells like at night. But in the morning it smells like a bonfire.

I just posted this in the devotional PM...

I was going to be taking care of some animals for a few days. Two horses, a mini donkey, and a dog. Yesterday was the first evening, just checking in making sure they had water after the hot day. I couldn't get into the garage to check the dog's water, so I poked my head through the large, wide open dog door to see if I could see the water bowl. He had come out to greet me earlier, tail wagging, gone to the barn with me. But evidently he decided I was an evil intruder and he decided to defend his home. Bit me on the face. Seven facial puncture wounds, two stitches, swelling, deep bruising, minor nerve damage. There was blood absolutely everywhere. There was concern of a pierced tear duct, but fortunately it's fine. That puncture was hardly a millimeter from my EYE. A bruise symmetrically on the other side of my face, even closer to the eye. Under eyes bruised, right side swollen. Left nose/eye socket area is numb on the surface, do fortunately the main cut that's there doesn't hurt, but I can feel the ache in my bones where the doggo really did a number.
For the left side of my face, one wound above the eyebrow, one smaller cut in the brow, one bigger(but still small) deep gash on the side of the nose/underside of brow bone, two smaller ones under the eye.
On the right side, there's the one cut right next to my inner tear duct that has two stitches, then two more on my cheek. Under eye is all swollen and purple. Left side is purple too, but less so and now very swollen. The sellion of my nose is swollen.
So now I'm uneasy around puppers, and I've had my first stitches. It'll scar, but I'll be fine. Could have been way worse, and the Lord was looking out for me!

I was going to be taking care of some animals for a few days. Two horses, a mini donkey, and a dog. Yesterday was the first evening, just checking in making sure they had water after the hot day. I couldn't get into the garage to check the dog's water, so I poked my head through the large, wide open dog door to see if I could see the water bowl. He had come out to greet me earlier, tail wagging, gone to the barn with me. But evidently he decided I was an evil intruder and he decided to defend his home. Bit me on the face. Seven facial puncture wounds, two stitches, swelling, deep bruising, minor nerve damage. There was blood absolutely everywhere. There was concern of a pierced tear duct, but fortunately it's fine. That puncture was hardly a millimeter from my EYE. A bruise symmetrically on the other side of my face, even closer to the eye. Under eyes bruised, right side swollen. Left nose/eye socket area is numb on the surface, do fortunately the main cut that's there doesn't hurt, but I can feel the ache in my bones where the doggo really did a number.
For the left side of my face, one wound above the eyebrow, one smaller cut in the brow, one bigger(but still small) deep gash on the side of the nose/underside of brow bone, two smaller ones under the eye.
On the right side, there's the one cut right next to my inner tear duct that has two stitches, then two more on my cheek. Under eye is all swollen and purple. Left side is purple too, but less so and now very swollen. The sellion of my nose is swollen.
So now I'm uneasy around puppers, and I've had my first stitches. It'll scar, but I'll be fine. Could have been way worse, and the Lord was looking out for me!
Oh my goodness, that’s so scary!

Oh my gosh, I'm glad you're ok! :hugs
What kind of dog was it?
Did you say anything to the owners yet?

Oh my gosh, I'm glad you're ok! :hugs
What kind of dog was it?
Did you say anything to the owners yet?
He is a larger dog, maybe 70lbs, a mutt. Probably has some hound in him.
Yep, I texted the daughter, since it was her horses I was caring for. Had to know if he was fully vaccinated(which he is). They were pretty shocked.

Back
Top Bottom