All the Christian Homeschoolers!

I just posted this in the devotional PM...

I was going to be taking care of some animals for a few days. Two horses, a mini donkey, and a dog. Yesterday was the first evening, just checking in making sure they had water after the hot day. I couldn't get into the garage to check the dog's water, so I poked my head through the large, wide open dog door to see if I could see the water bowl. He had come out to greet me earlier, tail wagging, gone to the barn with me. But evidently he decided I was an evil intruder and he decided to defend his home. Bit me on the face. Seven facial puncture wounds, two stitches, swelling, deep bruising, minor nerve damage. There was blood absolutely everywhere. There was concern of a pierced tear duct, but fortunately it's fine. That puncture was hardly a millimeter from my EYE. A bruise symmetrically on the other side of my face, even closer to the eye. Under eyes bruised, right side swollen. Left nose/eye socket area is numb on the surface, do fortunately the main cut that's there doesn't hurt, but I can feel the ache in my bones where the doggo really did a number.
For the left side of my face, one wound above the eyebrow, one smaller cut in the brow, one bigger(but still small) deep gash on the side of the nose/underside of brow bone, two smaller ones under the eye.
On the right side, there's the one cut right next to my inner tear duct that has two stitches, then two more on my cheek. Under eye is all swollen and purple. Left side is purple too, but less so and now very swollen. The sellion of my nose is swollen.
So now I'm uneasy around puppers, and I've had my first stitches. It'll scar, but I'll be fine. Could have been way worse, and the Lord was looking out for me!
Oh no! I hope you are doing better!
Praying that God will heal and comfort you :)

I just posted this in the devotional PM...

I was going to be taking care of some animals for a few days. Two horses, a mini donkey, and a dog. Yesterday was the first evening, just checking in making sure they had water after the hot day. I couldn't get into the garage to check the dog's water, so I poked my head through the large, wide open dog door to see if I could see the water bowl. He had come out to greet me earlier, tail wagging, gone to the barn with me. But evidently he decided I was an evil intruder and he decided to defend his home. Bit me on the face. Seven facial puncture wounds, two stitches, swelling, deep bruising, minor nerve damage. There was blood absolutely everywhere. There was concern of a pierced tear duct, but fortunately it's fine. That puncture was hardly a millimeter from my EYE. A bruise symmetrically on the other side of my face, even closer to the eye. Under eyes bruised, right side swollen. Left nose/eye socket area is numb on the surface, do fortunately the main cut that's there doesn't hurt, but I can feel the ache in my bones where the doggo really did a number.
For the left side of my face, one wound above the eyebrow, one smaller cut in the brow, one bigger(but still small) deep gash on the side of the nose/underside of brow bone, two smaller ones under the eye.
On the right side, there's the one cut right next to my inner tear duct that has two stitches, then two more on my cheek. Under eye is all swollen and purple. Left side is purple too, but less so and now very swollen. The sellion of my nose is swollen.
So now I'm uneasy around puppers, and I've had my first stitches. It'll scar, but I'll be fine. Could have been way worse, and the Lord was looking out for me!
I used this before on a lacerated toe and it worked really well.
https://www.mederma.com/

I used this before on a lacerated toe and it worked really well.
https://www.mederma.com/
Thanks for the suggestion! Honestly don't know if I will pursue something like that in the end.
I am content with the scars the Lord has seen fit to give me, though a part of me will be annoyed by them at times I'm sure.

Thanks for the suggestion! Honestly don't know if I will pursue something like that in the end.
I am content with the scars the Lord has seen fit to give me, though a part of me will be annoyed by them at times I'm sure.
Oddly, it was important to not have the scar on the bottom of my toe or it would callus and constantly hurt.

So when y'all go out during the school year and see some other kid out and about that clearly isn't homeschooled, what's your homeschooler thought process?
Mine is *squint, stare* "What's that weirdo doing out here in the open..? INVASION!".
XD
I don't see that many other kids that aren't farmers but there was one girl who came to a picnic my grandma hosted. I thought she was 15-16 but she's only 12. How she talked and dressed were quite shocking. She also only seemed to want to talk about anime and fictional crushes.

So when y'all go out during the school year and see some other kid out and about that clearly isn't homeschooled, what's your homeschooler thought process?
Mine is *squint, stare* "What's that weirdo doing out here in the open..? INVASION!".
XD
Well when i see kids out especially that i know im like why in the world are you out of school. I guess i also think they are skipping school when they are alone and out.
There is many people i know who are homeschooled though.

Back
Top Bottom