All the Christian Homeschoolers!

Me popping in, saying a few random things and disappearing again :lau

Anyway, what I've been up to 😂 I've recently started a couple days a week of in person study, not school, and it's fun! Being in a "classroom" setting is interesting, I've done it before a few years ago but it's still so different.
And I do a couple days a week of volunteer work at a vet clinic, so combined with all my at home animal stuff I'm super busy right now 😅

Yep, I know a lot of folks that do that, too. Though, I would be scared to. I am doing two classes at a private, Christian school. The kids don't cuss, and they aren't so grotesquely rude as public school children, but oh my WORD. The amount of incredible ignorance and disrespect is terrible. They are so into the world, and aren't what I would call good influences. I would hate to send my children to any sort of school, being only 14-16. The behavior is abhorrent. I do have high standards, the children at that school are much better behaved than public school children I have met. But not nearly what I would expect from my own children, and I wouldn't want them in that. I don't mean to rant. 😅
:goodpost: Totally agree.

Yes, absolutely! I do this with a lot of things that I know if don't have to give 100% to. I still want to give my all.
I'm the same way!
Yep, I know a lot of folks that do that, too. Though, I would be scared to. I am doing two classes at a private, Christian school. The kids don't cuss, and they aren't so grotesquely rude as public school children, but oh my WORD. The amount of incredible ignorance and disrespect is terrible. They are so into the world, and aren't what I would call good influences. I would hate to send my children to any sort of school, being only 14-16. The behavior is abhorrent. I do have high standards, the children at that school are much better behaved than public school children I have met. But not nearly what I would expect from my own children, and I wouldn't want them in that. I don't mean to rant. 😅
I totally get that. I'm not sending any of my children to school ever!
Yeah, and if you are in a job where you have to use it they just reteach it to you anyways. I always found it easy enough.
Exactlyyy.

I'm homeschooled, currently taking Geometry, Spanish II, Web Design and Coding, Bible, English I, Social Studies, Physics, Home Ec, and Professional Drawing. Coding is my favorite by far. I'm a KITT (and Knight Rider in general) obsessed tech nerd, I love to draw (cars especially) and I've always been considered a bit of a tomboy. I'd rather spend the day working on my car than walking through the mall, and I learned to drive when I was like 10. I do a lot of the mechanical work on our farm. I love the woods and can't stand being in the city. I have sort of a 6th sense for danger - if someone is getting too close to me the muscles in my hands and arms tense like I'm getting ready to fight someone. It also happens if a bear or snake is nearby.

It also happens if a bear or snake is nearby.

Story relating to this: Once my mom and I were hiking in the woods behind the house following an ATV trail, when I heard a rustle. Being my too-curious-and-nosy-for-my-own-good self, I couldn't ignore it. So I jumped off the trail and poked around through the woods, trying to find the source. I soon saw something black hanging in a tree - it looked like a trash bag, which considering the people around here I wouldn't be surprised. So I got closer, but that sense of danger stopped me. The trash bag jumped out of the tree and plodded off, a baby bear. And the rustle? Presumably the mamma, but we didn't stick around to find out.

I'm homeschooled, currently taking Geometry, Spanish II, Web Design and Coding, Bible, English I, Social Studies, Physics, Home Ec, and Professional Drawing. Coding is my favorite by far. I'm a KITT (and Knight Rider in general) obsessed tech nerd, I love to draw (cars especially) and I've always been considered a bit of a tomboy. I'd rather spend the day working on my car than walking through the mall, and I learned to drive when I was like 10. I do a lot of the mechanical work on our farm. I love the woods and can't stand being in the city. I have sort of a 6th sense for danger - if someone is getting too close to me the muscles in my hands and arms tense like I'm getting ready to fight someone. It also happens if a bear or snake is nearby.
Hi, welcome!
I think I may be the horse version of you. 😄 Never got into tinkering with vehicles, no one in my family does that sort of thing. I am definitely into tinkering with horses.
I did dabble in Java Script, Java, HTML, and CSS for a bit, since my dad is in IT It was fun, but not my thing.
I play around with all forms of art, but haven't visited drawing for a while. I was going to do drawing classes at the private Christian school here this past school year, but the school had some scheduling issues and so I am in Design instead. It's been fun, and it's more useful than drawing would have been, honestly.
I grew up watching Knight Rider, I was always the most excited when I heard the theme song playing on the television. MacGyver, too.
If you want Tomboy, look at me before, hmm, probably before I turned fifteen. Was very much a tomboy. I'm still not girly, but I have learned how to enjoy many more feminine things as I've grown into being a young woman. Not malls though. Don't like those, lol.
I can't stand being in cities. Occasionally driving through them can be interesting, but they feel suffocating and fake. Small towns like the village I live near are mostly just fine. I quite like it, really, but I wouldn't want to live there.
As for sixth senses, it's been noted that myself and some members of my family can feel the heat and presence of a person radiating off of them from a few feet away, as opposed to needing to stand close. We've been known to sense someone in a dark room, even without seeing them or having prior knowledge of them being there. You close your eyes and you can feel the general space. Entertaining sometimes.

Story relating to this: Once my mom and I were hiking in the woods behind the house following an ATV trail, when I heard a rustle. Being my too-curious-and-nosy-for-my-own-good self, I couldn't ignore it. So I jumped off the trail and poked around through the woods, trying to find the source. I soon saw something black hanging in a tree - it looked like a trash bag, which considering the people around here I wouldn't be surprised. So I got closer, but that sense of danger stopped me. The trash bag jumped out of the tree and plodded off, a baby bear. And the rustle? Presumably the mamma, but we didn't stick around to find out.
Expanding on the "sixth sense", myself, and less so my dad, get flashes of things to come. This usually results in deja vu, but it's only because we've actually seen it. I also tend to get a horrible, tense feeling like something terrible is going to happen, and sometimes a notion of what it is. It helped me keep my grandma from getting hit by a truck in a parking lot once.

Back
Top Bottom