all who are hatching quail

This is what hatched on the first day. Not the greatest pic. I will take some better ones.

Hatched 63 out of my 70 eggs. Looks to be at least 4 different color phases. Couldn't be happier. Thank you idhound.
Thanks for the feedback I am way excited to see a 90% hatch on the eggs I ship. but Tdubg22 you have to take some of the credit you had you incubator set up and running perfect. that can make all the difference. I can say yes my eggs are fertile and I have hit high 90's here but I also have to say thanks to Post Office for handling them great. i would say all in all everything went perfect on these eggs i do mark boxes live embryo which my post man said works better then eggs so they don't x-ray box and kill eggs. i also think some of it has to do with where I live high altitude so when they are laid and shipped to lower elevations they do better. I do sit up around 5000 ft. mark. and my birds are use to cold weather minus 30 in winter. But heck yes i am excited to hear great results.

PLs could you read my thread and tell me what i am doing wrong these are courtinix quails
first where did you get your eggs? second did you turn them at least 4 times a day? recommend auto turner. temp on incubator was it 99.5? humidity will be different according to who you talk to I incubate my at 30% until lock down then high as i can get it but not above 87%. this is where i would start. and you need to keep temp at 99.5 through lock down.

Thanks for the feedback I am way excited to see a 90% hatch on the eggs I ship. but Tdubg22 you have to take some of the credit you had you incubator set up and running perfect. that can make all the difference. I can say yes my eggs are fertile and I have hit high 90's here but I also have to say thanks to Post Office for handling them great. i would say all in all everything went perfect on these eggs i do mark boxes live embryo which my post man said works better then eggs so they don't x-ray box and kill eggs. i also think some of it has to do with where I live high altitude so when they are laid and shipped to lower elevations they do better. I do sit up around 5000 ft. mark. and my birds are use to cold weather minus 30 in winter. But heck yes i am excited to hear great results.
I know! I seen that too. even with all my mistakes surely I can pull off hatching a few. incubator is steady as can be now.

Got my eggs from idhound. One was cracked but they were packaged great. I think it might have happened before shipping. 52 eggs go into the incubator in the morning. I'm so excited to hatch them.

hatched 8 of 12 jumbo last nite coturnix , eggs laid by my own flock. #9 is struggling to break open, about 2/3 done. got another batch of 24+eggs in cartons ready to go in. this is getting fun but gotta make more **** cages-wife is tapping her foot with arms crossed by now but she loves the chickies. thinking of shipping eggs/chicks out but not sure if worth the money or effort. hovabator 1602n is having a busy spring already. not bad at all considering i rescued the rooster/hens from a local dirty poulty place full of dirty chickens late jan with no experience breeding birds. hows everyone else doing?

Back
Top Bottom