all who are hatching quail

Thanks for the info, I'm hoping they will live because that was my broody pen (one that have gone broody but never stayed setting long enough to hatch) maybe ill have a flock of quails running around? But im not keeping my hopes up.

Had a bad humidity drop in my hatcher. Most of the eggs that pipped just before still haven't hatched. One was zipped all the way around but after several hours still wasn't out so i helped. Membrane was stuck to it. The humidity was only low for maybe an hour then i got it back up to 70. I even misted the eggs with a spray bottle. 10 hatched before the drop. Had to cull one with bad legs.

Ok so I was taking my quail eggs out of turner three days till hatch one of the eggs chipped on me and has a big hole where I can see chick moving! Does any one think this chick will survive? There is still a clear film over opening in shell!?! :/

Hi everyone im currently hatching out 22 japanese quail eggs 10 so far but one is rather deformed. he/she is perking up but only has 1 eye a wonkey beak and an incaved head where the other eye should be. how long should i leave it before i should consider culling? hes/she perking up and isnt being picked on. any advice would b much appreciated. all the others are doing fine.

right side no eye, crooked beak

left side crooked beak, perfect eye. tip of beak has something on it or is blunt, not sure yet

right side again no eye incaved head and scissored beak

Back
Top Bottom