All who have traveled with toddlers on a plane ~ advice? Update!

M@M@2four :

Benadryl!
big_smile.png

lau.gif

and if you do make sure to do it in combination with "duct tape in pretty colors" so that the general public don't report you for being cruel. Pretty colors will fix anything!!!!
gig.gif

We always packed small, new toys in the carry on, and we tried to make it something with good "play value". We wanted stuff that would hold the kids' interest for awhile. we did trucks or cars with moving parts, the Bob the Builder ones were great, finger puppets, things we could make up stories with, etc. It is hard, but they will sleep. We also found deserted hallways for the child to run through during the layovers. Some airports are better than others for run around stuff. There is at least one, maybe even SEATAC that has a small playspace.

Quote:
I always have a roll of that in my bag. The last time we flew back to AK from SC I told a lady if she kept screaming she was going to open the door I was going to tape her to her seat! She shut up the rest of the flight it was priceless....

ArizonaNessa ~ I was told by a friend who just flew up here from OR that on the way up playdoh didnt make in past TSA but on the way home it did. So I will add that to the list.

OccamsTazer ~ I am not a fan of flying anywhos so Ill take your idea and leave the hubby to tote us both around.

I do have a sit n stroll
Sit-N-Stroll-Travel-System.jpg

and frieda Trunki
frieda_02.jpg

so that will make it a bit easier so thats two things down.

Oh my goodness that sit and stroll thingy is so cool it almost makes me want to have another baby!! I have never seen one of those. How flippin' cool that thing could be. I now know what I am buying for the next baby shower I am invited to.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Yes the Sit n Stroll is awesome! I found one at a KILLER price and swooped it up before the crib midget was even 6 months old. It is a child car seat and stroller in one as you can see its great. It is approved on airlines, and that was the main reason we got it, I did see the other things that attach to your carseat and make it roll but you then have to take it off to put in the plane seat so this was a no brainer I thought.

As for the trunki its pretty small but it is made so that your kiddo can sit on it and you can pull it while at the airport. So it can be his suprise bag and hold his special stuff and can take a break from the sit n stroll while we are killing ourselves getting to SC. I swear the inlaws better freaking love me by the point I land LOL

Offer to buy everyone else on the plane a round........
gig.gif
In my travels, 90% of the time, the kids do well if entertained........

Back
Top Bottom