Almish: Splitting Wellsummers?

I suppose our post office lady got her facts wrong then; she said she's shipped chicks and let others shipped chicks that were over 24 hours old.

She gave me a list, but scratched that off for us and said she checked with her supervisor - I suppose since I am seeing her today I will ask her again and see what's going on. They've never given us trouble shipping chicks over 24 hours old and since they work there, I didn't think to question them.

What is the age you are to ship them when they are no longer 24 hours old - the list also said that after a certain age, chicks can still be shipped, though they did not tell me what age exactly.

Unfortunately, not every postal worker knows every rule or regulation. Believe me, I know, I am a supervisor. It sounds to me like no one bothered to check the actual regulations. It doesn't have to do only with the post office, it has to do with the airline regulations on transporting live goods. And all those rules have changed recently.

I think you would do well to research this more fully, as has been suggested. If you suffer any shipping issues, there would be no recompense from the PO or other shippers if you haven't followed the rules.

Back
Top Bottom