Almost 3 week old duckling funny noise

napohens

Chirping
Feb 20, 2019
Oregon
So my (just about) 3 week old buff (educated guess) is making a grunting/honking noise instead of peeping most of the time. I think my WH of the same age is starting to every once in awhile as well. Is this normal? Is it their voices changing? Girls???? :fl

So my (just about) 3 week old buff (educated guess) is making a grunting/honking noise instead of peeping most of the time. I think my WH of the same age is starting to every once in awhile as well. Is this normal? Is it their voices changing? Girls???? :fl
I am no expert on ducks at all. I have never owned ducks. I have been around chickens for years, chicks start to grow up at about 3 wks old, they get all their feathers, and they start to get deeper peeps. I have raised other game bride before, and I have realized that they start to get their mature voice at about 3 wks. So I think they are just growing up. Another Oregonian!! I am from central Oregon what part of the state are you in?

I am no expert on ducks at all. I have never owned ducks. I have been around chickens for years, chicks start to grow up at about 3 wks old, they get all their feathers, and they start to get deeper peeps. I have raised other game bride before, and I have realized that they start to get their mature voice at about 3 wks. So I think they are just growing up. Another Oregonian!! I am from central Oregon what part of the state are you in?
Willamette valley

Back
Top Bottom