Almost Choked Chicken!

Jo1705

Chirping
May 26, 2018
I was collecting eggs today and as always, a couple of chickens peek outside of the laying box. As i closed rhe lid, I was about to feed my chickens scratch when I realized my poor BO got her head stuck between the lid and the laying box! I quickly removed the lid and she finally got to breathe. After looking at her for a few minutes, i realized that it was avoiding the flock and decided to roost on its own. It was still able to eat though. I am really worried if its okay because its my favorite chicken! Also, ive had another experience like this and I dont want it to die. Does anyone know if its okay? Thank you and happy Thanksgiving!

I was collecting eggs today and as always, a couple of chickens peek outside of the laying box. As i closed rhe lid, I was about to feed my chickens scratch when I realized my poor BO got her head stuck between the lid and the laying box! I quickly removed the lid and she finally got to breathe. After looking at her for a few minutes, i realized that it was avoiding the flock and decided to roost on its own. It was still able to eat though. I am really worried if its okay because its my favorite chicken! Also, ive had another experience like this and I dont want it to die. Does anyone know if its okay? Thank you and happy Thanksgiving!
She's probably just a little bruised & sore, and will be o.k. in a couple days.

Back
Top Bottom