Almost Christmas!!!

Our kids and their kids are coming for Christmas on 12/30 ; therefore, the Princess and I are not making the cookies until after Christmas. It is a good move or I probably would have eaten all of them before the family arrived. I'm worse than Spook and MFB.

Ohh... I'll get around to making the cookies eventually.
hide.gif

Oh. my, this reminds me of Christmas, a few years after I got married. My older brother was in the Air Force, my younger brother was in college but living on his own. I baked almost every kind of cookie we knew from our childhood, divvy'd them up, and sent both of my bro's a big box of homemade cookies as Christmas presents. Big Brother was the most popular guy in the barracks 'til the cookies ran out. (And yes, Orps, he had to tell quite a few of the guys, "Sorry, she's married"
wink.png
)

I did all my baking about two weeks ago. Spent 26 hours total over three days slaving over the stove baking cookies for all hubby's hospital customers. I still can't look at a cookie right now. It wears off about mid-January, though. Great for weight-loss! All worth it, I got some rave reviews.

This year I made:
local honey wheat pistachio biscotti
pecan tassies
chai spice almond balls
lemon thumbprints with local huckleberry jam
peanut butter sandwiches
chocolate black walnut fudge
and of course, chocolate chip

Pic taken while I was loading up tins.

I did all my baking about two weeks ago. Spent 26 hours total over three days slaving over the stove baking cookies for all hubby's hospital customers. I still can't look at a cookie right now. It wears off about mid-January, though. Great for weight-loss! All worth it, I got some rave reviews.

This year I made:
local honey wheat pistachio biscotti
pecan tassies
chai spice almond balls
lemon thumbprints with local huckleberry jam
peanut butter sandwiches
chocolate black walnut fudge
and of course, chocolate chip

Pic taken while I was loading up tins.
looks good :)

Oh. my, this reminds me of Christmas, a few years after I got married. My older brother was in the Air Force, my younger brother was in college but living on his own. I baked almost every kind of cookie we knew from our childhood, divvy'd them up, and sent both of my bro's a big box of homemade cookies as Christmas presents. Big Brother was the most popular guy in the barracks 'til the cookies ran out. (And yes, Orps, he had to tell quite a few of the guys, "Sorry, she's married"
wink.png
)
haha it seems like us rabbit/cjicken breeders are good cooks :3

Back
Top Bottom