Almost There

starGeezer

Hatching
6 Years
Aug 14, 2013
Hello all!

We are anxiously awaiting the approval for our mortgage on a house with 7.24 acres of partly wooded property in southwest Georgia. I think the propety and area lends itself to be fairly ideal for us to consider taking on a few feathered boarders.

I do have concerns though. Currently we have our son, his wife, and their 3 year old daughter living with us but that should change soon. This concern is about what to do with excess eggs after they move out. Another concern is that we have an RV and enjoy taking off to go camping for a weekend once a month or so. I understand the ladies need daily attention. Should I just set aside the idea until we decide to retire the RV?

Appreciate your thoughts.

Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us!
LL

Greetings from Kansas, starGeezer, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our community! You can always sell or give away the surplus eggs - you'll have plenty of takers. In terms of leaving for a weekend, can you trade someone some eggs in exchange for looking after the flock?

welcome-byc.gif
I agree with Redsoxs, you can also scramble the eggs and feed them back to your chickens - they won't recognize them as eggs.

Welcome to BYC. There are feeders that will hold a weekends worth of feed and automatic waterers! Everyone loves eggs. I don't think you will have a problem with extra eggs!

Back
Top Bottom