Almost time

Luvanimals101

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 14, 2013
Hey, I am trying to hatch some chickens without a incubator or hen. I have them under a scentsy candle burner with scarves and pillows around. There is also a humidifier blowing out a cool mist. It is day 18 and whenever we candle them one has a dark spot in the air pocket that has little squiggly lines coming out from it. The rest of both eggs is super dark and we can not tell anything from it. We don't know if this is normal or not. I really want them to hatch. On the one with the squiggly lines, there is gooby stuff on it that we are pretty sure came from inside the egg. It is about the same color as the yolk would be. What is it and is it normal? Is there a chance that they will hatch? What are the chances that they won't hatch? Thanks, and I would love for an answers you can provide.

Last edited:
wow your post made my eyes go funny lol!

i honestly can't imagine that the eggs will hatch, as they need continual heat and humidity for the first 18 days, then you have to greatly increase the humidity for the last 3 days, so that the chicks can break through their shells

because you've been providing SOME heat, they've obviously started to grow, but i really can't see them hatching..sorry
sad.png

Alright... ): thanks. I know some people who said I could borrow their incubator. Just wanted to see if I could do it this way first. ): (cry cry sniff)

Back
Top Bottom