Alone chick not growing

Hey there so I need help ..it's rough tough time and long story I rescued two baby chicks on Dec 13 ,2020 and it's all fine they were growing active and playing . In January 22 one chick accidentally died by swallowing something we don't know .

His brother is all alone since then , he is not growing , he is all quite and not wanting to play . He just want to sit and sleep . .

I gave him toys , pillows mirrors but none of these stuff working ..week ago he falls from bed and injured his legs since then he's very weak and feels sad all the time ..

I am giving him mashed eggs , Bcomplex , Amino Acids , vitamin E to help him grow but he's not growing not even feathers coming as yet ..could be a runt ..

I earlier raised a runt and all things worked ..but I feel too bad right now seeing my lonely chick not growing he's so sweet 😭
It would seem it needs a friend. That might do what you can't as you are not a chicken.

Hey there so I need help ..it's rough tough time and long story I rescued two baby chicks on Dec 13 ,2020 and it's all fine they were growing active and playing . In January 22 one chick accidentally died by swallowing something we don't know .

His brother is all alone since then , he is not growing , he is all quite and not wanting to play . He just want to sit and sleep . .

I gave him toys , pillows mirrors but none of these stuff working ..week ago he falls from bed and injured his legs since then he's very weak and feels sad all the time ..

I am giving him mashed eggs , Bcomplex , Amino Acids , vitamin E to help him grow but he's not growing not even feathers coming as yet ..could be a runt ..

I earlier raised a runt and all things worked ..but I feel too bad right now seeing my lonely chick not growing he's so sweet 😭
Hi,
I have been seen a rise in the number of genetically compromised chicks and it seems to be getting worse. There is nothing that you can do because these birds are defective. You can treat them nutritionally as you are doing and that is probably the best that you can do until they eventually die. They tend to have a very shortened lifespan. Is this a bird or chicken and if a chicken, what breed? Where did you obtain the chicks? I recently had a neurologically damaged chick that lived to 4 months before succombing.

So sorry about your chick. Protein, cat food will work too. I give my chickens cat food when they are molting. Not sure the age but sunflower black oil seeds chickens love them. It is suppose to help to grow their feathers back during molting. I gave our new hatch of chicks these and mama of course taught them to eat these. They were only days old. Mama raised them so I had no say in what she teaches the little ones. Get well little one.

Hi,
I have been seen a rise in the number of genetically compromised chicks and it seems to be getting worse. There is nothing that you can do because these birds are defective. You can treat them nutritionally as you are doing and that is probably the best that you can do until they eventually die. They tend to have a very shortened lifespan. Is this a bird or chicken and if a chicken, what breed? Where did you obtain the chicks? I recently had a neurologically damaged chick that lived to 4 months before succombing.

This is true but I got him and his brother all active and healthy and they were growing Beautifully .he get stressed last month when he's brother accidentally died after swallowing something . And then he fall by my cousin on Feb 17 .. I believe that the issue is in joint or injury so I giving him calcivit and other multi-vitamins along with feed and mashed foods thankfully he's active again ..there's slightly swelling on joints .
I also gave him 2x sunlight and place him nearby room heater . I am sure he will grow up 🙂

So sorry about your chick. Protein, cat food will work too. I give my chickens cat food when they are molting. Not sure the age but sunflower black oil seeds chickens love them. It is suppose to help to grow their feathers back during molting. I gave our new hatch of chicks these and mama of course taught them to eat these. They were only days old. Mama raised them so I had no say in what she teaches the little ones. Get well little one.

Yeah I bring cat food he ate a little then he don't like lol 🤣 so I wash it and give again in small proportion . I also started his calcium and other helpful Vitamin he's bright and walking a big but seems like he's facing pain while walking I applied some anti-inflammatory gel on his joints also

It would seem it needs a friend. That might do what you can't as you are not a chicken.
I was planning to add a chick but before that here bird flu outbreak Happened and we arr unable to add any new chick . He have plenty of small soft toys in his brooder

Pls suggest me some ways I can help him grow ..he's poop is normal firm , breathing is lil fast , and his joints are swelled due to Injury from falling from bed on floor
Please don't rescue anymore chicks, you don't know what you are doing. Chicks don't get toys, because they eat dam near anything ,second why would you put a chick on a bed? Do you not know they are fast by nature and now because of your recklessness he will more than likely die just like the other chick. I can't believe you did those things they are not a cat or dog. Find a farm and give them that chick at least he will have a better chance of survival..

Back
Top Bottom