Status
Not open for further replies.
Mates:
Dustclaw and Honeythorn
Hazelwing and Emberfoot
Poppyfeather and Wissclaw
Mothwing and Foxhunter

Heeey... Guess Im not the only PoppyFeather! (I am in Feather Clan, though)​

This thread is just asking for rants and fights, as I have already seen.

Hmmm...Well, I must say I disagree with the bad attitudes at the beginning of this thread, first of all. There really is no need to get all mad because you either disagree or agree with the suggestions made by the original poster and/or anyone else who has posted on this thread thus far.
wink.png

But besides that point, I must say that my personal say about roleplay ("RP") threads is that they can be fun. They are a great place to go in the games/jokes/fun thread on BYC to just have fun and use your imagination to create your own character(s) and interact with others' character(s), and to go on adventures, stories, or whatever you want to call them. I myself am part of one roleplay thread, the "Konigntom von die Eule" owl roleplay thread. Which, I admit, isn't as active as all these others, but it's still fun. But anyways, while RP threads can be fun and entertaining, I personally believe, and I'm sorry if you disagree, that as of right now there are quite a few, in fact maybe a little too many, RP threads going on right now in the games/jokes/fun forum on BYC. I remember back a while ago, when the games/jokes/fun forum was mostly about, well, games jokes and fun. Now, it seems that a more suiting name for the games/jokes.fun forum would be the "Roleplay Forum".
hmm.png
Most of the original games that were created are now pushed back. If you go look through the older pages, you'll see that there was a much more variety of 'types' of threads, I guess you could call them. And there was also more variety in the BYC members who posted them. Now, not to name any names, but you see the same posters on here posting all the time. No one else comes here anymore. It's as if this whole forum has been changed into a place where all the younger, more child-like members come to go on roleplay threads and create more RP threads, many of them being the same or very similar to the others. There's not as much good humor and jokes by other people, no fun games, etc.
idunno.gif
What happened to the food fight thread? What happened to the post count game thread? What happened to all those other threads that used to be so popular in this forum? What I think happened is all these RP threads; from the different chicken clan threads, to the dragon clans, etc. or whatever roleplays there are now (I don't even know all the names of them now) have been created and they seem to have pushed away all the other games/jokes threads, but for several that are still pretty active. And I'm guessing many of the older members, and less of the younger members, have decided that the games/jokes/fun forum has been turned into, like I said, a forum for the more child-like members and for roleplay threads. And so, many of them don't visit it anymore, because it's always the same thing; RP threads have completely taken over the whole first page, and some of the 2nd page, of this forum. And so, I believe that's why there's not as many people coming to this thread anymore. If you disagree with that, fine. We won't always agree with what everyone says. But I mean, just look back through the pages at the older threads...and then look at the first page in this forum. On the first page, there are 2-4 posts by the same people, and most of them are for roleplay threads. Which is perfectly fine, because maybe those members just like posting a lot in this forum. BUT, that just shows that the amount of RP threads and other pointless (no offense) threads might have pushed away all the original game threads that many people used to enjoy so much. Also, drama and immature, superfluous conflicts from the younger members on some of the RP threads in this forum seem to have have also caused people to move away from the forum.
What I'm saying, while trying hard not to create any hard feelings or arguments, is while RP threads can be entertaining, it can become a problem, in my opinion, with there are several of them and they are always overpowering the other game threads. I kind of miss all the game threads that used to be more active, which is the reason for my disagreement on all the RP threads that exist in the games/jokes/fun forum currently. But, of course, it is not up to me to tell anyone that and I have no right to say that at least some of them should be removed. Everyone has a right to post their own threads, as long as they are appropriate and are in the correct forum. But I'll just say that I miss the way the games/jokes/fun forum used to be, and leave it at that.

Quote:
Thank you 77! And EXACTLY! THAT is why there has been a NEW site for RP's! I miss the rate the aatar and Most Post threads etc. When I first joined BYC and up to a few months ago, THAT was all there was!!!!! I once again blame myself for this. PLEASE stop RPing, maybe 1 RP thread would be enough!!!!

and, 77, you didn't have to type that huge 4 paragraphs (I think 4, I'm to lazy to go up and check
smile.png
) JUST for this RP anger. See guys? That is how much some people hate this idea! Can't you see that?? And, 77, thanks agian! You rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom