Alrighty Women, Ladies and youngers of the two- time to get powered up

Chicken Fruit

Songster
10 Years
Feb 25, 2009
Echo Homestead
i keep seeing all these ladies on here saying they cant use power tools and cant build stuff and blah blah... Come on ladies!!! Look at what they have just for us:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ryobi-18V-Cordl...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/Black-&-Decker-...24V-Drill_W0QQitemZ170306843853QQcmdZViewItem

honestly girls, these are not noisy, theyre very light (my little circular saw weighs under 5 pounds) and a monkey can use them.

I havent had to use my husbands noisy clunky, scary tools since he got one of these sets. And theyre cordless to boot!

Dont be sissy nannies! you can do it! its so much more satisfying to saw something in 2 seconds to the right length, and to screw something together instead of trying to nail it. And these are fairly cheap, last a long long while.

I cant stand it when women say they cant do something. we can to do it. I actually build everything myself, and even make tractors to sell to other Back yard chickeners.

smile.png

(I mean no offense. Just spreading some enlightenment to anyone who's interested and maybe didnt know about these items.)

You betcha!!!! This is what DBF got me for Christmas:

http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/tool_detail.asp?productID=16338

I absolutely love it - it's very powerful, lightweight, and perfect for my small hands!!! When Dad saw it, his eyes lit up and he said WOW!! I build my own quail cages; sometimes I even let Dad help LOL.

I really get alot of satisfaction out of being able to build something myself.

Thats great that you like to get busy and build neat stuff, what is your next project??, my DW goes shoulder to shoulder with me and is a great helper around tools and constructing things, we have alot of fun. Most WOMEN really do not like to get into tools and building even small projects, It is so much easier, fun and empowering for them to just nagg the heck out of the resident male, until he folds into a heap and relents to her repeated tongue lashings to do it. LOL LOL.

AL

Not to be nosing around where guys arnt wanted but.....

Go ahead and call me shalow but I married my wife for her power tools!
big_smile.png
of course she says the same thing about me!

I really never had any idea how to build anything. DBF can build ANYTHING so I've learned alot by watching him and doing projects together. Then I started borrowing his tools and never giving them back
hide.gif
so he started buying me my own!!

This pocket hole jig set is next on me list:

http://www.ptreeusa.com/pockethole_jigs.htm

I never knew such a thing existed but Dad has one and we used it to build my last cage. It is SO simple to use - no measuring required - and it made perfect holes to connect the framing. Makes it so easy to work by yourself!

Quote:
lololol!!! Tongue lashings... hahahaha.

I have to admit that when I am working on a big project its my husband who helps me. I cant lift heavy things, and I dont want to. But he's quite aware of the fact that his job in life is to lift heavy things and give me his paycheck
lol.png
. he gives me one little cell and I make a life for cripes sake, he's pretty sure it evens out
tongue.png

i still like to do most stuff myself- since he does so so much work outside the home for us. I have to build a chicken run and a goat stall and paint the barn this spring.. those are my next projects. Iam sure he'll be right by my side in thought or in person though.

hmmmm I like the load noisy ones...
lol.png

I have to do it around here... DH grew up working for a carpenter. He can do anything, but he doesnt unless he HAS too cause he hates it...

My last few projects: Three sets of shelves, Nest boxes and roosts, and now I am thinking about a range shelter....
thumbsup.gif

GO GIRLS!!

ROFL, I have more powertools than anyone should. Dh takes them for work though. I have three tablesaws sitting on my patio (working on somethin) right now. Circular and jig saws, nailguns, etc etc....ahem, I should validate this by saying we are flooring contractors, so we use this stuff for work (hubby does) and play (my projects at home).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom