Alternative to fence staples to attach cattle panel to wood

I think one should always plan to make things easier to take apart, at least for hobby farm- and garden-related structures. We reused the cattle panel shelter we built for the sheep as a garden trellis 12 years later. I couldn't reuse most of the wood because it was attached with fence staples (I had to chop it off with a reciprocating saw). Would've been nice to have extra 2x4s in this day and age.
Easiest way to remove fence staples is with a angle grinder. Cut the staple. Cattle panel and 2x6 can both be used.

Those are 2 very different items.

Plumbers tape is this https://www.google.com/search?q=plu...1DmoQ_AUoAnoECAIQBA&biw=1536&bih=712&dpr=1.25

Hanger strap is this and what you mean an what to use. U actually used this for holding a bunch of short planks on the run roof to help hold them in place and wrap around the metal poles like a U- hard to explain.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Han...g4i0-AE&bih=712&biw=1536&client=firefox-b-1-d
I'm aware, but you should be aware that it's commonly referred to as plumber's tape. Growing up in the house of a contractor I've met plenty of plumbers and the majority of them referred to hanger strap as "plumber's tape", it's quite common. For the thread tape I can't recall any of them really calling it plumber's tape, they'd all say something like "thread seal tape" or "teflon tape"

I'm aware, but you should be aware that it's commonly referred to as plumber's tape. Growing up in the house of a contractor I've met plenty of plumbers and the majority of them referred to hanger strap as "plumber's tape", it's quite common. For the thread tape I can't recall any of them really calling it plumber's tape, they'd all say something like "thread seal tape" or "teflon tape"
That's what I call it. Tin knockers use it too, but they shouldn't.

I'm planning on building a cattle panel hoop run this spring. We've built a similar structure for our goats and sheep and used fence staples to attach the panels to the wood frame. Thing is, those staples are very difficult to pound in and just about impossible to take out without special tools. Is there something I can use instead of staples that are just as strong but are easier to install and remove? Thanks!

I'm planning on building a cattle panel hoop run this spring. We've built a similar structure for our goats and sheep and used fence staples to attach the panels to the wood frame. Thing is, those staples are very difficult to pound in and just about impossible to take out without special tools. Is there something I can use instead of staples that are just as strong but are easier to install and remove? Thanks!
We made our duck run out of heavy, framed cattle panels (bull panels) wired to t-posts. We used a heavy gauge wire and double wrapped it tightly to the posts. It is quite solid.

Has anyone sandwiched the cattle panel between two pieces of wood with screws?
Yes! That works well for us. We have also used 4x4 posts and used a router to create a groove about 1 1/2 -2 inches deep to spring the cattle panel into the groove. Then place a 4-inch long screw across the opening after the cattle panel is in the groove to secure it. Only need one screw per 12 inches. Easy to disassemble the whole system.

This-is how I used cattle panels. They are just sandwiched between 2” x2” so I can replace easily. Good line of vision.

Attachments

• CF1506FE-CADE-4397-9D6D-74B9FA001228.jpeg
    CF1506FE-CADE-4397-9D6D-74B9FA001228.jpeg
    426.5 KB · Views: 46

Back
Top Bottom