Aluminum Shed Converted Into Chicken House-Just Starting- PIC HEAVY

looks like it's going to an awesome home for your chicks!
thumbsup.gif

First night in the coop- I couldnt wait to crack it open this morning to see that all my babies were doing good!
so what if i kept going out there with a flashlight and i slept with my bedroom window open at 90 degrees so i could hear them ... it made me feel better
lol.png

Good luck with your shed!

We are converting our metal shed too - I have photos on my BYC webpage.
We put styrofoam insulation panels on the roof covered by thin plywood to prevent raining of condensation.
(We did it in the walls too). We also opened up some areas for ventilation.

i did the very same thing with my old garden shed. just havent got around to painting it yet, but that's next. great job!!!

Quote:
Thanks gardengirl , you cant see in the pics very well but theres a medium sized crank out window and a small metal vent built into the top of the door... not sure if those two are enough plus they are never in it with the large door closed unless its dark out.. I live in florida... But now you have me curious.. I am so afraid of having another raccoon break in (even though its very well predator proofed this time) that i can tell it holds me back from doing what i really want to do with the coop.
after that raccoon killed my silkie hen oprah ( peeled back the alluminum door in the bottom corner and pulled her leg off) i couldnt sleep at night so i put every one in a medium sized critter cage at night in the spare room off of the deck.. that went on for a year.. even though im nervous about them sleeping in the chicken house at night , i know its the right thing to do..

Back
Top Bottom