Am I a cruel mother??

I can be thankful that they are all good, hardworking, and trustworthy kids. I have to mess with them once in a while though. We were able to really laugh about it last night when I got home from work. You are right Artsy1 though, those are the memories they hold on too. Their grandmother said I was mean for scaring him like that though. I still find it funny, however when I got home I did caution him that eating to much raw dough can give him a belly ache and that it is not a good practice to uphold due to the risk of samonella.

Hahaha! Sounds like something my parents would have done! We used to sleep over night in a boat we kept on a lake. My parents used to tell us there were sharks outside (this after watching jaws) and while one was telling the story, the other would bang on the side of the boat to sound like sharks. We'd be in hysterical tears and my parents would be trying not to laugh. Gives us some great laughs now! And you know what, no matter how many horrible shark stories they told us, we always wanted to go back for more! I know I will probably be the same with my kids when I have 'em.

I think it is great......you would not believe the stuff I told my kids when they were growing up. It teaches them to have a sense of humor, and to think for them selves and ask questions to be sure before believing everything they are told.
As for lying to them.....DID YOU NOT TELL THEM THERE WAS A SANTA???????
I could go on and on about this subject but then it would be called RANTING or abuse of the nice people on BYC
lau.gif

Whats wrong with teaching kids about having a sense of humor? It's not lying... I see nothing wrong with what the OP did at all!

I think it's funny. We tend to tease each other in my family with stuff like that. My kids just look at me now and say "Moooomm, tell us the truth!" with an exasperated look on their faces.

I took every chance to tease my children just like this.....I think you are an exceptional mom for being so understanding and quick-witted enough to turn it into a humorous lesson for the boy!

I find a serious lack of humor in today's world and lament its absence, so I'm glad there are parents out there who are taking the time to keep their children from suffering from the serious disorder of HDD: Humor Deficit Disorder.

Way to go!
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom